Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
dinosaurs
12-14-2008, 07:15 PM
dinosaurs
if we are evolved,why were they bigger.?

Good evil salvation
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-14-2008, 07:21 PM
RE: dinosaurs
they must have devolved into monkeys.?lmao.

Good evil salvation
12-14-2008, 07:22 PM
it called evolution, what just cause things evolve does not mean things get bigger, they vary. And if god made dinosaurs y is it not mentioned in the bible?
12-14-2008, 07:24 PM
it is,but i love to joke about evolution.

Good evil salvation
12-14-2008, 07:46 PM
the tyrannus evolved into a politician.

Good evil salvation
12-14-2008, 08:42 PM (This post was last modified: 12-14-2008 08:54 PM by clarence clutterbuck.)
Quote:if we are evolved,why were they bigger.?

The Blue Whale is the biggest animal that ever lived so gigantism is not dead. A fascinating era in world history though. Without the death of the Dinosaurs - thought to be the result of a cometary impact in Mexico 65 million years ago, what would have evolved in the place of humans? Would an intelligent bipedal Dinosaurian have developed, who believed he was made in the image of a scaly reptilian God?
12-14-2008, 10:27 PM
smellycat Wrote:it is,but i love to joke about evolution.

Wait, are you saying that Dinosaurs are mentioned in the Bible?

http://descartes1979.blogspot.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-14-2008, 11:06 PM (This post was last modified: 12-15-2008 04:20 AM by clarence clutterbuck.)
Descartes 1979 wrote:
Quote:Wait, are you saying that Dinosaurs are mentioned in the Bible?

Quote:King James Version (KJV)
Public Domain

Job 40:15-24 (King James Version)

15Behold now behemoth, which I made with thee; he eateth grass as an ox.

16Lo now, his strength is in his loins, and his force is in the navel of his belly.

17He moveth his tail like a cedar: the sinews of his stones are wrapped together.

18His bones are as strong pieces of brass; his bones are like bars of iron.

19He is the chief of the ways of God: he that made him can make his sword to approach unto him.

20Surely the mountains bring him forth food, where all the beasts of the field play.

21He lieth under the shady trees, in the covert of the reed, and fens.

22The shady trees cover him with their shadow; the willows of the brook compass him about.

23Behold, he drinketh up a river, and hasteth not: he trusteth that he can draw up Jordan into his mouth.

24He taketh it with his eyes: his nose pierceth through snares.

This passage is gleefully leapt upon by Creationists as an example of Dinosaurs co-existing with humans in Biblical times. I'm unconvinced, for the reason that Dinosaurs comprised many varied forms that would have warranted more than one ambiguous mention. They would have dominated the landscape and had a much stronger influence on the Bible. For instance, the Crucifixion may have had to be performed indoors to prevent Jesus attracting the attention of marauding Tyrannosaurs. These are thought to have been scavengers who would probably have taken advantage of an easy meal.
12-14-2008, 11:59 PM
clarence clutterbuck Wrote:
Quote:King James Version (KJV)
Public Domain

Job 40:15-24 (King James Version)

15Behold now behemoth, which I made with thee; he eateth grass as an ox.

16Lo now, his strength is in his loins, and his force is in the navel of his belly.

17He moveth his tail like a cedar: the sinews of his stones are wrapped together.

18His bones are as strong pieces of brass; his bones are like bars of iron.

19He is the chief of the ways of God: he that made him can make his sword to approach unto him.

20Surely the mountains bring him forth food, where all the beasts of the field play.

21He lieth under the shady trees, in the covert of the reed, and fens.

22The shady trees cover him with their shadow; the willows of the brook compass him about.

23Behold, he drinketh up a river, and hasteth not: he trusteth that he can draw up Jordan into his mouth.

24He taketh it with his eyes: his nose pierceth through snares.

This passage is gleefully leapt upon by Creationists as an example of Dinosaurs co-existing with humans in Biblical times. I'm unconvinced, for the reason that Dinosaurs comprised many varied forms that would have warranted more than one ambiguous mention. They would have dominated the landscape and had a much stronger influence on the Bible. For instance, the Crucifixion may have had to be performed indoors to prevent Jesus attracting the attention of wandering Tyrannosaurs. These are thought to have been scavengers who would probably have taken advantage of an easy meal.

Interesting!
12-15-2008, 12:04 AM
WOW - I didn't know that creationists thought that dinosaurs co-existed with humans. How crazy do you have to be to accept the very existence of dinosaurs but then reject all the scientific details of their discovery? Wouldn't it be easier to reject that they even existed at all? But of course creationists were never big on logic I guess...

http://descartes1979.blogspot.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Dinosaurs Athena 13 1,789 07-28-2010 05:48 PM
Last Post: CarolineBelle

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)