Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
don't assume - something everyone should read/do
02-11-2018, 09:48 PM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2018 12:18 PM by Visqueen.)
don't assume - something everyone should read/do
I think, therefore I am.

Life is a series of consecutive moments. Every moment presents a choice of some kind (at minimum, to continue living or not.)

To make a choice, one requires a premise, a personal philosophy that governs how we’ll approach existence.

We can’t prove with 100% certainty much about the world - only that ‘I’ exist in some form. Thus, the act of interacting with what we might call 'the world' is necessary (the only alternative is death) - but we're always at the mercy of the subtle unknown.

There’s much we don’t know - how to reconcile relativity with quantum physics, for example. But also the findings of ‘fringe’ science - miracles, revelation, the supernatural.

I think there’s plenty of evidence for what we might call ‘God’. Not in the everyday, but in the extraordinary - while someday, science might be able to explain it, there’s no reason to exclude Divinity without explanation, especially when so many phenomena occur in the realm of spiritual atmospheres.

And I think it’s not just valuable, but necessary, to learn how to approach the Divine, without any assumptions from my clearly flawed form. The only way we can learn about the Divine is when it reveals itself to us - but we can’t assume it’ll reveal itself to everyone simultaneously.

So, I wish to learn about other spiritual groups from my own - some might call them ‘sects’ or ‘denominations’. Perhaps even ‘cult’.

Yet for all who believe in the divine, there’s every reason to pursue it with every second of every day - why? The consequences for not doing so are potentially eternal.

So, anyone interested in reviewing spiritual groups, with the aim of discerning, to the best of our ability, the underlying narrative behind our purpose and reality as humans, please reach out to me.

Reason: My grandmother is terminally ill - while she’s always been spiritual, I’m hoping to secure her a good place in the afterlife by identifying the religion/spiritual group we should strive to join in spirit. So I’m doing this for her as well as myself, and everyone around me really.

*edit - content removed
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-11-2018, 11:02 PM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2018 11:02 PM by The_Squid.)
RE: don't assume - something everyone should read/do
Quote:I’m hoping to secure her a good place in the afterlife by identifying the religion/spiritual group we should strive to join in spirit. So I’m doing this for her as well as myself, and everyone around me really.

My advice would be to not spend your last time with your grandma trying to convert her to what you think will save her soul. In my opinion, that would actually be a cruel thing to do to someone who is terminally ill.

----------------------
Does anyone know where the love of God goes
when the waves turn the minutes to hours?
02-12-2018, 12:21 PM
(02-11-2018 09:48 PM)peanut2monster Wrote:  I think, therefore I am.

Life is a series of consecutive moments. Every moment presents a choice of some kind (at minimum, to continue living or not.)

To make a choice, one requires a premise, a personal philosophy that governs how we’ll approach existence.

We can’t prove with 100% certainty much about the world - only that ‘I’ exist in some form. Thus, the act of interacting with what we might call 'the world' is necessary (the only alternative is death) - but we're always at the mercy of the subtle unknown.

There’s much we don’t know - how to reconcile relativity with quantum physics, for example. But also the findings of ‘fringe’ science - miracles, revelation, the supernatural.

I think there’s plenty of evidence for what we might call ‘God’. Not in the everyday, but in the extraordinary - while someday, science might be able to explain it, there’s no reason to exclude Divinity without explanation, especially when so many phenomena occur in the realm of spiritual atmospheres.

And I think it’s not just valuable, but necessary, to learn how to approach the Divine, without any assumptions from my clearly flawed form. The only way we can learn about the Divine is when it reveals itself to us - but we can’t assume it’ll reveal itself to everyone simultaneously.

So, I wish to learn about other spiritual groups from my own - some might call them ‘sects’ or ‘denominations’. Perhaps even ‘cult’.

Yet for all who believe in the divine, there’s every reason to pursue it with every second of every day - why? The consequences for not doing so are potentially eternal.

So, anyone interested in reviewing spiritual groups, with the aim of discerning, to the best of our ability, the underlying narrative behind our purpose and reality as humans, please reach out to me.

Reason: My grandmother is terminally ill - while she’s always been spiritual, I’m hoping to secure her a good place in the afterlife by identifying the religion/spiritual group we should strive to join in spirit. So I’m doing this for her as well as myself, and everyone around me really.

*edit - content removed

I have deleted your comments regarding commercial gain. This is a site for discussing and debating any topic regarding any faith system. It's not a site to be used to promote any poster's attempts to earn money in any way and any further attempts on your part to sell anything to anyone will be deleted and you will be banned.

If you wish to reach out to people do it right here in discussion threads.

Thanks for your cooperation.
02-13-2018, 10:27 AM (This post was last modified: 02-13-2018 10:27 AM by Odhran.)
(02-11-2018 09:48 PM)peanut2monster Wrote:  I think, therefore I am.

There is no such great wonder in death.

(02-11-2018 09:48 PM)peanut2monster Wrote:  There’s much we don’t know - how to reconcile relativity with quantum physics, for example. But also the findings of ‘fringe’ science - miracles, revelation, the supernatural.

And I think it’s not just valuable, but necessary, to learn how to approach the Divine, without any assumptions from my clearly flawed form.

An admirable goal!! Well then let us take flight!! And seek out that Simurgh to be our King!!

(02-11-2018 09:48 PM)peanut2monster Wrote:  The only way we can learn about the Divine is when it reveals itself to us - but we can’t assume it’ll reveal itself to everyone simultaneously.

To cut through the obfuscation and bring light to the occult!! An admirable goal indeed.

(02-11-2018 09:48 PM)peanut2monster Wrote:  Yet for all who believe in the divine, there’s every reason to pursue it with every second of every day - why? The consequences for not doing so are potentially eternal.

Though one could say if eternity is at our disposal, there is no great need to rush.

(02-11-2018 09:48 PM)peanut2monster Wrote:  So, anyone interested in reviewing spiritual groups, with the aim of discerning, to the best of our ability, the underlying narrative behind our purpose and reality as humans, please reach out to me.

You have an interesting quest. Consider myself reaching out.
02-15-2018, 07:09 PM
(02-13-2018 10:27 AM)Odhran Wrote:  There is no such great wonder in death.

I'm curious what you mean by this, Odhran.

Кровь за Кровь, Во Славу Великим!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Why don't you read this ?!!!!!!!! maham115 9 1,429 09-22-2010 03:22 AM
Last Post: may

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)