Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
dry bones
12-03-2008, 02:36 AM
dry bones
get dem dry bones out of the way.hear the word of the Lord.athiests say the right things and do the right things.but have no faith,perfect satan droid.you feed others false information.you generally work in packs and have a pecking order.you pick at scripture at will.you are not tied to anything,you change your opinions as circumstances change.people love you,because of this.but you have no real opinions that last,you fade away easily.God never changes,your calling words of him do.why are you on this forum do you have a mandate a book of rules i can read?or just have fun picking at others.i see no reason for your prescence,you have no alternatives.Tongue

Good evil salvation
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2008, 07:16 AM
RE: dry bones
Atheism is the rejection of god, these posts youve been putting up are ridiculous. As far as I can make out you suggest that by rejecting god a human looses all ties with humanity, turn into pack animals and constantly change their moral beliefs. What are you basing this on, I am really offended by this statement, and as for god never changes the creation of the new testament stands testament to the fact that not only do ideas of god differ between people they can also change over time.
As to picking at scripture, if its morally wrong or logically absurd shouldn't someone point it out, I'd be quite happy if someone could show to me something I'd missed or misunderstood and help me better understand everything around me. To be able to adapt as circumstances change and new information and changes come to light is to me a positive attribute, or at the very least a survival skill. Equally what are atheistic opinions, atheism is simply the rejection of the idea of god, after that atheists may differ to a great extent.
We are here on this site however, or at least i like to think that we are here in order to show how people can live in a happy and fulfilled way without having to appeal to a religion. That there is an alternative to people who dont want to accept their societies idea of god, equally we should be here to provide information on how to cope with dilemmas in atheism such as moral uncertainty that religions tend to challenge us with, and other issues relating to people who may doubt their faith but find it difficult to take the step to atheism or agnostism, often due to their societies or samilies religious bias.
Fianally im here because I like a good argument, and I believe that only through the constant discussion and analysis of ideas can we arrive at anything resembling a truth.

my atheism is just like your religion
only i subtract 1 one more god
12-03-2008, 07:20 AM
P.S. if you want a book myself and many other atheists respect as a good bit of advice on how to live have a look at some of the humanist manifestos. many of these are quite well thought out, though occasionally a bit naive.
But once again I don't think atheists should ever subscribe to a particular doctrine or book, as atheism is to me a way of viewing the world and forming my own ideas, based on that which i experience around me. Of course I will listen to others but ultimately I will decide my own convictions and ideals.

my atheism is just like your religion
only i subtract 1 one more god
12-03-2008, 08:06 AM
smellycat Wrote:get dem dry bones out of the way.hear the word of the Lord.athiests say the right things and do the right things.but have no faith,perfect satan droid.
Wow you hit hard don't you. Do you know that if you turn people off to faith in God you probably could be called the satan droid? Attacks like this only turn people away.
smellycat Wrote:you feed others false information.you generally work in packs and have a pecking order.
Most atheists know what they believe and don't need a pack or pecking order.
smellycat Wrote:you pick at scripture at will.
Atheists sometimes see things in scripture that appears to be untrue. You have the opportunity to explain why they are wrong.
smellycat Wrote:you are not tied to anything,you change your opinions as circumstances change.people love you,because of this.
Most atheists who know what they believe don't change. They will always be saying the same things about matters like this every time you see them. A lot of atheists are loved because they have learned to get along with others. A lot of Christians have learned that skill also.
smellycat Wrote:but you have no real opinions that last,you fade away easily.
Most atheists I know have all kinds of opinions, and they really don't fade away easily.
smellycat Wrote:God never changes,your calling words of him do.
You don't have to be atheist to use dirty cuss words that haven't changed over many generations.
smellycat Wrote:why are you on this forum do you have a mandate a book of rules i can read?
Atheists are here for the same reason you are. It’s something to do. We humans like to try to persuade others to our way of thinking. I'm a Christian and I'm trying to persuade you now.
smellycat Wrote:or just have fun picking at others.i see no reason for your prescence,you have no alternatives.Tongue
When you point a finger at others, look at how many are pointing back at you.
12-03-2008, 08:28 AM
Anthem Wrote:
smellycat Wrote:get dem dry bones out of the way.hear the word of the Lord.athiests say the right things and do the right things.but have no faith,perfect satan droid.
Wow you hit hard don't you. Do you know that if you turn people off to faith in God you probably could be called the satan droid? Attacks like this only turn people away.
smellycat Wrote:you feed others false information.you generally work in packs and have a pecking order.
Most atheists know what they believe and don't need a pack or pecking order.
smellycat Wrote:you pick at scripture at will.
Atheists sometimes see things in scripture that appears to be untrue. You have the opportunity to explain why they are wrong.
smellycat Wrote:you are not tied to anything,you change your opinions as circumstances change.people love you,because of this.
Most atheists who know what they believe don't change. They will always be saying the same things about matters like this every time you see them. A lot of atheists are loved because they have learned to get along with others. A lot of Christians have learned that skill also.
smellycat Wrote:but you have no real opinions that last,you fade away easily.
Most atheists I know have all kinds of opinions, and they really don't fade away easily.
smellycat Wrote:God never changes,your calling words of him do.
You don't have to be atheist to use dirty cuss words that haven't changed over many generations.
smellycat Wrote:why are you on this forum do you have a mandate a book of rules i can read?
Atheists are here for the same reason you are. It’s something to do. We humans like to try to persuade others to our way of thinking. I'm a Christian and I'm trying to persuade you now.
smellycat Wrote:or just have fun picking at others.i see no reason for your prescence,you have no alternatives.Tongue
When you point a finger at others, look at how many are pointing back at you.
very good people some of them,stubborn i like that to.thev,e been hurt a lot of them through life,blame God.they are strengthened unwittingly.and there views get more and more confirmed to them.to be honest if i was a child and watched God tv ,and thought these were God,s representatives i would be in doubt.and the worship music is dire.but i know why and who is manipulating this.i just read God,humans are robots or liars.priest must be the most affected job to become a pedo.why is this spirit war propaganda.

Good evil salvation
12-03-2008, 09:28 AM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2008 09:42 AM by Anthem.)
smellycat Wrote:very good people some of them,stubborn i like that to.thev,e been hurt a lot of them through life,blame God.they are strengthened unwittingly.and there views get more and more confirmed to them.to be honest if i was a child and watched God tv ,and thought these were God,s representatives i would be in doubt.and the worship music is dire.but i know why and who is manipulating this.i just read God,humans are robots or liars.priest must be the most affected job to become a pedo.why is this spirit war propaganda.
My friend, the best thing that ever happened to me was when I was able to see my faults as well as all those I see in others. I have no problem seeing what is going on in the world, but you and I are part of the problem too. The more I can do to help others instead of attacking will bring about the greatest good. Allowing God to be the judge allows me to have compassion. I think God can fight His own battles, and I can love others who have faults just like I do. You and I are sinners who need mercy in a hurting world that has too much hate.
12-03-2008, 09:52 AM
Anthem Wrote:
smellycat Wrote:very good people some of them,stubborn i like that to.thev,e been hurt a lot of them through life,blame God.they are strengthened unwittingly.and there views get more and more confirmed to them.to be honest if i was a child and watched God tv ,and thought these were God,s representatives i would be in doubt.and the worship music is dire.but i know why and who is manipulating this.i just read God,humans are robots or liars.priest must be the most affected job to become a pedo.why is this spirit war propaganda.
My friend, the best thing that ever happened to me was when I was able to see my faults as well as all those I see in others. I have no problem seeing what is going on in the world, but you and I are part of the problem too. The more I can do to help others instead of attacking will bring about the greatest good. Allowing God to be the judge allows me to have compassion. I think God can fight His own battles, and I can love others who have faults just like I do. You and I are sinners who need mercy in a hurting world that has too much hate.
i agree,and people are so easily swayed.

Good evil salvation
12-03-2008, 10:22 AM
Athos ... Anthem ... very well spoken.

+1 to both of you!

Justice -- When you get what you deserve.
Mercy -- When you don't get what you deserve.
Grace -- When you get what you don't deserve.
12-03-2008, 10:33 AM
Alison Wrote:Athos ... Anthem ... very well spoken.

+1 to both of you!
lets slap people on the back against the evil smellycat,lol.

Good evil salvation
12-03-2008, 10:51 AM
No one called you evil. Geesh, grow up. Their points were well spoken. I can appreciate a good argument, which is what this forum is about.

Justice -- When you get what you deserve.
Mercy -- When you don't get what you deserve.
Grace -- When you get what you don't deserve.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)