Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
hallucinogens and religion
04-11-2010, 07:49 PM
hallucinogens and religion
Lately I have been doing some side research on the effects of hallucinogens on how the mind copes with the unknown. if you have a minute, take a look at this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grcqs9cDuN8

Now, it is my personal opinion that drugs such as DMT allow humans to take a look into their own psyche...

Do you think that it is possible that all of this non-sense on religion, Ghosts, Demons, Angels, God, Jesus... etc. could just be a mass hallucination?

my thought is that we, in our generation, have heard endless stories about a white light upon death, all the typical religious sights or spiritual happenings... all of these are lying dormant in our brain. Until something like DMT comes a long and pushes them to the forefront of congition.

The thing that gets me is that this gland that excretes this chemical is in our brain... and we, as humans, NEED this chemical to remain sane... if we don't get it... we die. it just seems more plausable that we really just dont know what is out there and something so simple as DMT freaks us out.

The Todd
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-11-2010, 08:43 PM
RE: hallucinogens and religion
I wonder if this can be linked to visions during deep meditation.

Laugh of the Week
04-11-2010, 09:01 PM
RE: hallucinogens and religion
(04-11-2010 08:43 PM)Anne Wrote:  I wonder if this can be linked to visions during deep meditation.

The mind is a powerful thing. im sure that if tests can be done we would find an elevated level of mind juices... some of which may bear similar attributes to DMT... on those who are in the middle of meditating.

The Todd

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)