Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
hatred towards other people
12-17-2009, 03:51 PM
hatred towards other people
I just want to know if someone who is supposed to be religious and believes in God and all that other stuff, how can they hate some one so much without even knowing the person/people. One of my friends is raised in a very religious house hold, and the other night they were talking about muslims and how they hate them and stuff like that. It scared me with some of the things they were saying and they don't even know them. I don't understand, God is about love for yourself and others. He excepts all people no matter what religion or gender or race etc. If that is what being a christan is about i don't want any part of it. Even though i'm not muslim it still hurt me very badly with what they were saying. I don't know what to think anymore. Maybe they interpreted the bible wrong or something but they need a reality check.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-17-2009, 04:10 PM
RE: hatred towards other people
Society is messed up. People are messed up.

People mess up society. Society messes up the new people. The new people mess up society. It's a vicious circle.

The person that is truly happy is not the one who gets everything they want, but the one who learns to be happy with what they have.
12-17-2009, 10:35 PM
(12-17-2009 03:51 PM)tiffb91 Wrote:  I just want to know if someone who is supposed to be religious and believes in God and all that other stuff, how can they hate some one so much without even knowing the person/people. One of my friends is raised in a very religious house hold, and the other night they were talking about muslims and how they hate them and stuff like that. It scared me with some of the things they were saying and they don't even know them. I don't understand, God is about love for yourself and others. He excepts all people no matter what religion or gender or race etc. If that is what being a christan is about i don't want any part of it. Even though i'm not muslim it still hurt me very badly with what they were saying. I don't know what to think anymore. Maybe they interpreted the bible wrong or something but they need a reality check.

That person is not a really a Christian and the terrorist are not really Muslims. Some people use religion for personal gain.

"Hatred does not cease by hatred at any time: hatred ceases by Love-That is an old rule. The world does not know that we must all come to an end here; but those who do know, their quarrels cease at once!"-Buddha

"Love all others as you love yourself, Love yourself, and love God above all else! For whosoever can do that shall not see hell, but shall have everlasting life!"-Jesus

It is said: "Turn the other Cheek."
I say unto You: "Since when did the Unjust have claim over the Righteous.
A Wise man speaks his mind without haste or anger,
A Foolish man blurts out insults like a madman.
So be Patient in your dealings, least you be swept away by the winds."

"To help some one of another faith is a tricky and hard idea,
but it can be done granted your both open minded.
Don't ever force your beliefs on some one else or try to convert them if they don't want to. For that is the greatest Sin in the Eye's of the Lord.
Instead get to know them and their faith. Talk to them not about your Religous beliefs but your Spiritual beliefs. Help them up, don't knock them down."

"Hidden underneath the stoned cold surface of every Pious Person lays buried a Kinky Pervert, Stop bringing shovels, Where not digging!"-Azrael
12-18-2009, 02:30 PM
Why can't people just love each other the way God intended for us to do? If that is what people believe in why can't they just believe what is written and stop trying to make their own versions of the bible. God is about Love. Thats it, no exceptions no excuses. Just Love. How can anybody help people like that? Is there even a way?
12-18-2009, 03:23 PM
Well, before I agree that we should love each other "like god intended," I think we should define which god we're talking about. Frankly, I don't want the love of the Christian god. His love tends to come with judgment, tends to be for free men only, and tends to carry hints of old-school genocide with it.

Perhaps we can just all love each other, without trying to modify that love based on a particular religion. That should work pretty well.

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.
12-18-2009, 07:25 PM
Quote:God is about love for yourself and others. He excepts all people no matter what religion or gender or race etc. If that is what being a christan is about i don't want any part of it.
this is a topic that i know a little too well.
i was at one time an extreme i guess zealot would be the term.

i had a holier then thou attitude in life and everyone knew it. i judged people openly. i wanted little or nothing to do with people just because of a pendant around their neck or what their last name was.
its a mind frame that i believe the church encourages. you only hang out with your own kind.

if you think its an easy lifestyle i would like to say that i was miserable. not only did i judge others but i was continually judging myself. i hated everyone and everything - even if it had a shiny christian label on it.

that type of thinking led me to suicide attempts. then on my years of personal journy through religion.

people act this way because they can not see God loves all regardless. more often then not these types of people have little love for themselves as well. the church encourages this behavior.

i have years of regret from this. i hurt so many people(s) with my behavior and i encourage anyone that claims Jesus to be their Lord and savior and acts this way to stop it. God loves us regardless of everything. no one is perfect- you are not perfect.
12-22-2009, 11:49 PM
(12-18-2009 07:25 PM)rena Wrote:  
Quote:God is about love for yourself and others. He excepts all people no matter what religion or gender or race etc. If that is what being a christan is about i don't want any part of it.
this is a topic that i know a little too well.
i was at one time an extreme i guess zealot would be the term.

i had a holier then thou attitude in life and everyone knew it. i judged people openly. i wanted little or nothing to do with people just because of a pendant around their neck or what their last name was.
its a mind frame that i believe the church encourages. you only hang out with your own kind.

if you think its an easy lifestyle i would like to say that i was miserable. not only did i judge others but i was continually judging myself. i hated everyone and everything - even if it had a shiny christian label on it.

that type of thinking led me to suicide attempts. then on my years of personal journy through religion.

people act this way because they can not see God loves all regardless. more often then not these types of people have little love for themselves as well. the church encourages this behavior.

i have years of regret from this. i hurt so many people(s) with my behavior and i encourage anyone that claims Jesus to be their Lord and savior and acts this way to stop it. God loves us regardless of everything. no one is perfect- you are not perfect.

However while no one is perfect god demands that we make an attempt toward perfection.
While God loves us, god also judges us.

"Blessed are you who have friends that tell you your faults!"-Can't remember where I got that from!

Judging isn't wrong.
Misjudging is wrong.

Your only a hypocrite if your a sinner, but still judge people.
The power of discernment is what we try to use to decide if what some one is doing is wrong.

"Hidden underneath the stoned cold surface of every Pious Person lays buried a Kinky Pervert, Stop bringing shovels, Where not digging!"-Azrael
12-23-2009, 03:23 AM (This post was last modified: 12-23-2009 04:48 AM by catholicstation.)
Not Only Islam

In China they take out organs while You are still alive - Dr Joseph Mangala

June 20, 2007: The Nepal Defense Army, an organization of radical Hindus, has organized a suicide bomber operation

May 25, 2009
Two people were killed, and 14 injured when a bomb exploded in a Catholic church in the Nepalese capital, Kathmandu on Saturday night.

The two who died were a 15-year-old girl and a woman of 30.

------------------------------------------------------------
You may be OK with your family getting blown up - Most people are not
- if You do nothing to prevent it - You are as guilty as the bomber
-------------------------------------------------------

Do not give me that crap - You cannot judge - You do something lewd in front of my child

I will be judge-jury-executioner
12-23-2009, 04:21 PM
(12-23-2009 03:23 AM)catholicstation Wrote:  ------------------------------------------------------------
You may be OK with your family getting blown up - Most people are not
- if You do nothing to prevent it - You are as guilty as the bomber
-------------------------------------------------------

Do not give me that crap - You cannot judge - You do something lewd in front of my child

I will be judge-jury-executioner

Was that directed at me or some one else?

Any way I am not against self defense.
But I don't think you should rush into killing people.
Killing should be a last resort.

An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)