Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
if you ever read the bible
11-28-2008, 08:06 PM
if you ever read the bible
the old testament talks of Christ,for a long time before he came to earth.all is linked throughout the bible.to dismiss God after reading would be only people who rebel or are very dim.we are getting clever as a people so the dim excuse is running thin.so if people want to rebel,then please make up a lie that is plausable.and please you who are easily swayed read the book,why do you let liars sway you from an eternity of hapiness,you ain,t gonna get any here.God has many mansions to visit.don,t get sucked into rubbish.

Good evil salvation
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-29-2008, 06:41 PM
RE: if you ever read the bible
Because the old testament is full of hate and evil, human sacrifice, genocide, rape, you name it and there's a bit in the old testament.
eg. So Jephthah led his army against the Ammonites, and the LORD gave him victory. He thoroughly defeated the Ammonites from Aroer to an area near Minnith – twenty towns – and as far away as Abel-keramim. Thus Israel subdued the Ammonites. When Jephthah returned home to Mizpah, his daughter – his only child – ran out to meet him, playing on a tambourine and dancing for joy. When he saw her, he tore his clothes in anguish. "My daughter!" he cried out. "My heart is breaking! What a tragedy that you came out to greet me. For I have made a vow to the LORD and cannot take it back." And she said, "Father, you have made a promise to the LORD. You must do to me what you have promised, for the LORD has given you a great victory over your enemies, the Ammonites. But first let me go up and roam in the hills and weep with my friends for two months, because I will die a virgin." "You may go," Jephthah said. And he let her go away for two months. She and her friends went into the hills and wept because she would never have children. When she returned home, her father kept his vow, and she died a virgin. So it has become a custom in Israel for young Israelite women to go away for four days each year to lament the fate of Jephthah's daughter." (Judges 11:29-40 NLT)

They attacked Midian just as the LORD had commanded Moses, and they killed all the men. All five of the Midianite kings – Evi, Rekem, Zur, Hur, and Reba – died in the battle. They also killed Balaam son of Beor with the sword. Then the Israelite army captured the Midianite women and children and seized their cattle and flocks and all their wealth as plunder. They burned all the towns and villages where the Midianites had lived. After they had gathered the plunder and captives, both people and animals, they brought them all to Moses and Eleazar the priest, and to the whole community of Israel, which was camped on the plains of Moab beside the Jordan River, across from Jericho.
Moses, Eleazar the priest, and all the leaders of the people went to meet them outside the camp. But Moses was furious with all the military commanders who had returned from the battle. "Why have you let all the women live?" he demanded. "These are the very ones who followed Balaam's advice and caused the people of Israel to rebel against the LORD at Mount Peor. They are the ones who caused the plague to strike the LORD's people. Now kill all the boys and all the women who have slept with a man. Only the young girls who are virgins may live; you may keep them for yourselves. (Numbers 31:7-18 NLT)

If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her. (Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NLT)

He's also very high up on punishing people, liking a bit more pain than is acceptable nowadays:
Kill People Who Don't Listen to Priests

Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel. (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)

Kill Witches

You should not let a sorceress live. (Exodus 22:17 NAB)

Kill Homosexuals
"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

Kill Fortunetellers

A man or a woman who acts as a medium or fortuneteller shall be put to death by stoning; they have no one but themselves to blame for their death. (Leviticus 20:27 NAB)

Death for Hitting Dad

Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death. (Exodus 21:15 NAB)

Death for Cursing Parents

1) If one curses his father or mother, his lamp will go out at the coming of darkness. (Proverbs 20:20 NAB)

2) All who curse their father or mother must be put to death. They are guilty of a capital offense. (Leviticus 20:9 NLT)

Death for Adultery

If a man commits adultery with another man's wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death. (Leviticus 20:10 NLT)

Death for Fornication

A priest's daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death. (Leviticus 21:9 NAB)

Death to Followers of Other Religions

Whoever sacrifices to any god, except the Lord alone, shall be doomed. (Exodus 22:19 NAB)

Kill Nonbelievers

They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)

Kill False Prophets

If a man still prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall say to him, "You shall not live, because you have spoken a lie in the name of the Lord." When he prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall thrust him through. (Zechariah 13:3 NAB)

There's more but I've taken up enough space!

my atheism is just like your religion
only i subtract 1 one more god
11-30-2008, 04:55 AM
athos123 Wrote:Because the old testament is full of hate and evil, human sacrifice, genocide, rape, you name it and there's a bit in the old testament.
eg. So Jephthah led his army against the Ammonites, and the LORD gave him victory. He thoroughly defeated the Ammonites from Aroer to an area near Minnith – twenty towns – and as far away as Abel-keramim. Thus Israel subdued the Ammonites. When Jephthah returned home to Mizpah, his daughter – his only child – ran out to meet him, playing on a tambourine and dancing for joy. When he saw her, he tore his clothes in anguish. "My daughter!" he cried out. "My heart is breaking! What a tragedy that you came out to greet me. For I have made a vow to the LORD and cannot take it back." And she said, "Father, you have made a promise to the LORD. You must do to me what you have promised, for the LORD has given you a great victory over your enemies, the Ammonites. But first let me go up and roam in the hills and weep with my friends for two months, because I will die a virgin." "You may go," Jephthah said. And he let her go away for two months. She and her friends went into the hills and wept because she would never have children. When she returned home, her father kept his vow, and she died a virgin. So it has become a custom in Israel for young Israelite women to go away for four days each year to lament the fate of Jephthah's daughter." (Judges 11:29-40 NLT)

They attacked Midian just as the LORD had commanded Moses, and they killed all the men. All five of the Midianite kings – Evi, Rekem, Zur, Hur, and Reba – died in the battle. They also killed Balaam son of Beor with the sword. Then the Israelite army captured the Midianite women and children and seized their cattle and flocks and all their wealth as plunder. They burned all the towns and villages where the Midianites had lived. After they had gathered the plunder and captives, both people and animals, they brought them all to Moses and Eleazar the priest, and to the whole community of Israel, which was camped on the plains of Moab beside the Jordan River, across from Jericho.
Moses, Eleazar the priest, and all the leaders of the people went to meet them outside the camp. But Moses was furious with all the military commanders who had returned from the battle. "Why have you let all the women live?" he demanded. "These are the very ones who followed Balaam's advice and caused the people of Israel to rebel against the LORD at Mount Peor. They are the ones who caused the plague to strike the LORD's people. Now kill all the boys and all the women who have slept with a man. Only the young girls who are virgins may live; you may keep them for yourselves. (Numbers 31:7-18 NLT)

If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her. (Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NLT)

He's also very high up on punishing people, liking a bit more pain than is acceptable nowadays:
Kill People Who Don't Listen to Priests

Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel. (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)

Kill Witches

You should not let a sorceress live. (Exodus 22:17 NAB)

Kill Homosexuals
"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

Kill Fortunetellers

A man or a woman who acts as a medium or fortuneteller shall be put to death by stoning; they have no one but themselves to blame for their death. (Leviticus 20:27 NAB)

Death for Hitting Dad

Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death. (Exodus 21:15 NAB)

Death for Cursing Parents

1) If one curses his father or mother, his lamp will go out at the coming of darkness. (Proverbs 20:20 NAB)

2) All who curse their father or mother must be put to death. They are guilty of a capital offense. (Leviticus 20:9 NLT)

Death for Adultery

If a man commits adultery with another man's wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death. (Leviticus 20:10 NLT)

Death for Fornication

A priest's daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death. (Leviticus 21:9 NAB)

Death to Followers of Other Religions

Whoever sacrifices to any god, except the Lord alone, shall be doomed. (Exodus 22:19 NAB)

Kill Nonbelievers

They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)

Kill False Prophets

If a man still prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall say to him, "You shall not live, because you have spoken a lie in the name of the Lord." When he prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall thrust him through. (Zechariah 13:3 NAB)

There's more but I've taken up enough space!
Jesus quote,all before me were liars and thieves.the old testament is finished when the truth came.you can live in satan,s world all you like but the truth has told you the way home.

Good evil salvation
11-30-2008, 05:55 AM
So god let his followers live in disgrace and horrible practices for centuries before deciding a bit of salvation was in order. Not a real endorsement for your god's benevolent nature, and how come there's an old testament in the first place, was Moses a false profit because they still talk of him in most churches I've ever attended for any occasion.

11-30-2008, 07:40 AM
athos123 Wrote:So god let his followers live in disgrace and horrible practices for centuries before deciding a bit of salvation was in order. Not a real endorsement for your god's benevolent nature, and how come there's an old testament in the first place, was Moses a false profit because they still talk of him in most churches I've ever attended for any occasion.
we left God not the other way about.i suppose in the old days they were learning how much they needed God.we live in satan,s world.we gave it to him when we disobeyed God.as in Job was said to satan he is in your hands.Jesus hadn,t arrived yet to give you truth.JESUS FREED ALL THOSE SOULS FROM HELL WHO BELIEVED HIM.know you know the truth,it is up to you to choose.

Good evil salvation
11-30-2008, 07:52 AM
How could they have disobeyed god if the old testament was a lie made by charaltans and frauds as you pointed out, they had no way of knowing his will. How could they have left him when they never knew where he was, what he wanted etc., you make it sound like it was pretty much the infalliable guy in the sky's fault!

11-30-2008, 08:10 AM
athos123 Wrote:How could they have disobeyed god if the old testament was a lie made by charaltans and frauds as you pointed out, they had no way of knowing his will. How could they have left him when they never knew where he was, what he wanted etc., you make it sound like it was pretty much the infalliable guy in the sky's fault!
they disobeyed God in the garden of eden.the old testament was for jewish people.Jesus came to save all.we have a new testament.no good looking back to the old.

Good evil salvation
11-30-2008, 11:27 PM
smellycat Wrote:the old testament talks of Christ,for a long time before he came to earth.all is linked throughout the bible.to dismiss God after reading would be only people who rebel or are very dim.we are getting clever as a people so the dim excuse is running thin.so if people want to rebel,then please make up a lie that is plausable.and please you who are easily swayed read the book,why do you let liars sway you from an eternity of hapiness,you ain,t gonna get any here.God has many mansions to visit.don,t get sucked into rubbish.

you started this discussion by reffering to the old testament, now your dismissing it. What were you trying to prove by this statement if the old testament has been completely superseeded by the new testament. Plus how do you get happiness from the bible.

12-01-2008, 07:48 AM
athos123 Wrote:
smellycat Wrote:the old testament talks of Christ,for a long time before he came to earth.all is linked throughout the bible.to dismiss God after reading would be only people who rebel or are very dim.we are getting clever as a people so the dim excuse is running thin.so if people want to rebel,then please make up a lie that is plausable.and please you who are easily swayed read the book,why do you let liars sway you from an eternity of hapiness,you ain,t gonna get any here.God has many mansions to visit.don,t get sucked into rubbish.

you started this discussion by reffering to the old testament, now your dismissing it. What were you trying to prove by this statement if the old testament has been completely superseeded by the new testament. Plus how do you get happiness from the bible.
i started to talk of the old testament because it shows you to Christ.i don,t get happiness from the Bible,but truth from the Holy spirit.everything in life is aimed aggainst Christ.you only need to read the Bible,to understand the world talks opposite.

Good evil salvation
12-01-2008, 08:49 AM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2008 09:23 AM by Anthem.)
athos123 Wrote:you started this discussion by reffering to the old testament, now your dismissing it. What were you trying to prove by this statement if the old testament has been completely superseeded by the new testament. Plus how do you get happiness from the bible.

Hi,
I can't speak for anyone else, but the Bible gives me a lot of happiness. All those verses you quoted are real eye openers, and I had to deal with them years ago in order to believe in God or the Bible. If we look at the world and get away from the Bible, we see horrible suffering everyday. There are people starving for food or suffering at the hand of evil men. The hospitals are full of suffering people, and to believe in God is to believe that He is there and is allowing all the suffering. The world is full of suffering. For me that was a lot to handle, but my desire for truth helped me find some answers that allowed me to believe. In the past I made a lot of people angry at my questions, but it was worth it. Now I know what I believe and why.
In order for me to explain would require me to write a pretty good size book. So I will skip some things and focus on the most important. Of course my focus is Jesus Christ. Through Christ all my questions are answered. Questions like how could God allow all the suffering?
Questions about the future and what God has planned.
I won’t try to explain it all, but I will talk about my great love for the Bible. The Bible helps me look to a future that is so good we can’t imagine how good things can be. I look at verses like these.

Revelation 21:
3. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. 4. He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."

I know that God is bringing about a time when there will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  I like to read the bible in the bath leviticuswaters 6 207 08-09-2017 03:21 PM
Last Post: Herminator

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)