Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
if you want the world to change
12-31-2008, 09:58 AM
if you want the world to change
start with yourselves,get better and stop feeding evil,instead feed Good.

Good evil salvation
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-31-2008, 01:34 PM
RE: if you want the world to change
(12-31-2008 09:58 AM)smellycat Wrote:  start with yourselves,get better and stop feeding evil,instead feed Good.
why would you want the world to change? almost all good things involve resisting change...

keeping environment stable, keeping earths temps bearible, keeping terrorists out of america, keeping mexicans in mexico, keeping the oceans at their current level, keeping russia from invading other countries. keeping iran from getting nukes.

see, the only positive change is one that corrects an earlier change.
for example...war on terror. terrorists decide to attack america, we decide to push them right back.

or slavery...the beginning of slavery was a bad change, so we had to change to abort that original change.

or gas prices...they were low, then they went high, and efforts were made to make them low again.

point is, change is inherently bad, unless it corrects an earlier change. this does not apply to certain things such as entertainment...
01-01-2009, 02:40 AM
Resist all change!!!! The men who arrested Gallileo thought the same thing, so do those that deny evolution. Development, change and progress as opposed to stability and continuity are neither good or bad, there effects of ech action must be eighed to decide its value, its category has nothing to do with this!

my atheism is just like your religion
only i subtract 1 one more god
01-01-2009, 12:26 PM
Some people think an individual can't change much, but I would argue that all change is done by individuals. All change has to start with an idea from someone. That person then convinces others that the change should be made, who then convince others. It takes many people but it all started with only one person. One person's actions create the chain reaction that causes change.

His and Your Humble Servant
RF's Sponsors
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-04-2010, 07:47 PM
How does one know if he is feeding evil and not feeding good?

If everyone was thinking the same thing, then no one would be thinking at all.
10-04-2010, 07:49 PM
(10-04-2010 07:47 PM)EqualAtheist Wrote:  How does one know if he is feeding evil and not feeding good?

Evil bites the hand that feeds it.
10-04-2010, 07:53 PM
:::quickly checks hands::: Nope, no bite marks, I guess I am ok.

If everyone was thinking the same thing, then no one would be thinking at all.
10-04-2010, 08:01 PM
(10-04-2010 07:53 PM)EqualAtheist Wrote:  :::quickly checks hands::: Nope, no bite marks, I guess I am ok.

Did you look under your ring?
10-07-2010, 09:29 PM
I'd like to add that the best way that we can transform ourselves is to help others. I don't mean in the busy-body, tell people how to live their lives sense but in a genuine way to people who need help. Those who are lonely, mentally ill or who are often excluded from aspects of society due to things like disability, race and ethnic background or even age (young or old) and many others all need help and friendship.
10-07-2010, 09:31 PM
Holy thread necromancy, batman!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The world will change sooner or later and show the truth otaibias 12 1,539 03-18-2012 04:26 PM
Last Post: EqualAtheist

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)