Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
inter-planetary war is the only thing that can save earth...
01-18-2009, 08:38 PM (This post was last modified: 01-19-2009 02:29 PM by B MAN.)
inter-planetary war is the only thing that can save earth...
think about what makes people like each other. when hitler took power and started attacking everything, germany united. when a football team of players that don't like each other play their rival, they unite. after 9/11, america united.

that's what needs to happen, except on a larger scale. for the human race to find peace on earth, we need war...in space. if china, russia, iran, north korea, and america were suddenly in the same boat fighting for their survival against an advanced alien civilization, don't you think that that would change the way that we see each other?

it doesn't have to be interplanetary war, but it needs to be something that will bring us to the edge of destruction as a planet (asteriod, alien, super volcano, mutant zombie virus, etc.)

if this doesn't happen, it is only a matter of time till iran gets a nuke and then the [censored] will hit the fan bigtime...cause you know israel is going to retaliate, and you know that the US will not let israel fall.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-19-2009, 04:09 AM
RE: inter-planetary war is the only thing that can save earth...
don,t give the government idea,s.

Good evil salvation
01-19-2009, 05:00 AM
Hmmmm....*Notes on 'things to do list'....Pray for lil green men. *nods lots*

"Love is not a feeling, it's an act of your will." Don Francisco.
01-19-2009, 09:01 AM (This post was last modified: 01-19-2009 09:02 AM by B MAN.)
(01-19-2009 05:00 AM)Pilgrim Wrote:  Hmmmm....*Notes on 'things to do list'....Pray for lil green men. *nods lots*

god will provide? lol
(01-19-2009 04:09 AM)smellycat Wrote:  don,t give the government idea,s.
ROFL...best post yo have ever made,smelly
01-19-2009, 09:21 AM
(01-18-2009 08:38 PM)B MAN Wrote:  think about what makes people like each other. when hitler took power and started attacking everything, germany united. when a football team of players that don't like each other play their rival, they unite. after 9/11, america united.

that's what needs to happen, except on a larger scale. for the human race to find peace on earth, we need war...in space. if china, russia, iran, north korea, and america were suddenly in the same boat fighting for their survival against an advanced alien civilization, don't you think that that would change the way that we see each other?

it doesn't have to be interplanetary war, but it needs to be something that will bring us to the edge of destruction as a planet (asteriod, alien, super volcano, mutant zombie virus, etc.)

if this doesn't happen, it is only a matter of time till iran gets a nuke and then the [censored] will hit the fan bigtime...cause you know israel isn't going to retaliate, and you know that the US will not let israel fall.

Sadly, I think you are correct. The only way for some to forget differences is to give them a common enemy.
01-19-2009, 09:44 AM (This post was last modified: 01-19-2009 09:46 AM by Anglican.)
(01-18-2009 08:38 PM)B MAN Wrote:  if this doesn't happen, it is only a matter of time till iran gets a nuke and then the [censored] will hit the fan bigtime...cause you know israel isn't going to retaliate, and you know that the US will not let israel fall.

I suspect we will wipe ourselves off the planet long before nother asteroid the size of the one which wiped out the dinosaurs is due to arrive:

http://midanglican.com/?p=539

In any case, an ansteroid strike, if it was larger than the one which occurred in Russia in the early twentieth century, would wreak havoc far beyond anything we were able to control. Within a few short years we would be extinct.
01-19-2009, 01:39 PM
Anglican wrote:
Quote:I suspect we will wipe ourselves off the planet long before nother asteroid the size of the one which wiped out the dinosaurs is due to arrive:
&
Quote:In any case, an ansteroid strike, if it was larger than the one which occurred in Russia in the early twentieth century, would wreak havoc far beyond anything we were able to control. Within a few short years we would be extinct.
Now ya see Angles 'ole bean if ya actually believed the Bible You'ld know that's not how it's going to happen.

Smellycat, Someone in Government has had an idea!!!? Tsk, tsk...Someone has not been reading their Vogon training manual. *shakes head sadly*

01-19-2009, 10:20 PM
I suspect that rumours of the end of the world have been greatly exaggerated.

As well as over-predicted. What is written in the bible is so cryptic and so likely to mean things in metaphor that to suggest it actually predicts something that a person today can use to tell us all when various events might happen is quite a stretch. I seem to remember when, pre-1989 Berlin wall coming down, that Gorbachev was supposed to be the antiChrist, the EU his dominion. Then I have read that he fall of the Byzantine empire about 1300 years agowas also the end of the world, and also the black death about 700 years ago. And before both of these, the various sackings of Rome that heralded the fall of the Roman Empire and the unity of Christianity under the Roman church. The 1755 earthquake and tsunami that obliterated Lisbon was also the end. We could go on and on. Just because something sort of looks like something we can cryptically interpret from the bible does not mean that our imaginings are true. Not to be taken seriously.

Unless the cylons of Battlestar Galactica are infiltrating. Tongue
01-21-2009, 11:22 AM
(01-19-2009 10:20 PM)twenty-two20 Wrote:  I suspect that rumours of the end of the world have been greatly exaggerated.

As well as over-predicted. What is written in the bible is so cryptic and so likely to mean things in metaphor that to suggest it actually predicts something that a person today can use to tell us all when various events might happen is quite a stretch. I seem to remember when, pre-1989 Berlin wall coming down, that Gorbachev was supposed to be the antiChrist, the EU his dominion. Then I have read that he fall of the Byzantine empire about 1300 years agowas also the end of the world, and also the black death about 700 years ago. And before both of these, the various sackings of Rome that heralded the fall of the Roman Empire and the unity of Christianity under the Roman church. The 1755 earthquake and tsunami that obliterated Lisbon was also the end. We could go on and on. Just because something sort of looks like something we can cryptically interpret from the bible does not mean that our imaginings are true. Not to be taken seriously.
Nope that's just the voices in yer head 'ole son. * Wink /grin*

Quote:Unless the cylons of Battlestar Galactica are infiltrating. Tongue
Don't be silly everyone knows its the Borg. Tongue

01-21-2009, 11:49 AM
yes we know the borg assimilate humans to have 1 mind.:)there are a few names they call us in sci fi aswell though.

Good evil salvation

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  God to Jesus. I just condemned the human race. Now go die to save them. Greatest I am 9 1,115 06-07-2012 01:55 PM
Last Post: Greatest I am
  Can Rumors Save F-L-G? scoot 0 421 04-21-2012 05:40 AM
Last Post: scoot
  Only With a Righteous Mind Can We Save Sentient Beings jet00078 0 330 04-21-2011 01:50 AM
Last Post: jet00078
  Why did Jesus have to die to save sinners? Boanerge2010 0 519 04-01-2011 04:42 PM
Last Post: Boanerge2010
  Pilate’s wife dreamed to save Jesus… julio 3 1,009 05-29-2009 09:05 AM
Last Post: Stereophonic

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)