Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 2 Average
is being less educated a crime
12-19-2008, 03:48 PM
is being less educated a crime
it seems so in society,with an educational pecking order,and if some of the members on here have there way,on here also.

Good evil salvation
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-19-2008, 03:58 PM
RE: is being less educated a crime
Unfortunately no, it's not a legal crime. It is a shame, though, that being uneducated is so easy to fix, yet so many people refuse to do so.

If ignorance is bliss why aren't there more happy people?
12-19-2008, 04:00 PM
you don,t know that?another theory.?another form of oppresion.

Good evil salvation
12-21-2008, 08:08 PM
No, it isn't.

Greenville's Church
http://www.newstartchurch.net
12-21-2008, 08:20 PM
I'm not as well educated as I would like to be, perhaps due to upbringing, environment and inherent ability, but see no logic in classing it as a crime. Poorly educated people can have good instincts, commonsense, natural intelligence and be worth listening to and learning from.

Twould be nice to have the abilities of an Einstein though I s'pose..
12-21-2008, 10:26 PM
In what ways do you feel like being less educated is treated like a crime?

His and Your Humble Servant
RF's Sponsors
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-21-2008, 11:45 PM
It seems that people do,t value your opinion,in society you are lowerered in grade to a labourer.less money,less life,less joy.education is an oppression tool just like racism.it is a means of lowering a person.some people are less intelligent,and in our society are oppressed.

Good evil salvation
12-22-2008, 11:49 AM
(12-21-2008 11:45 PM)smellycat Wrote:  It seems that people do,t value your opinion,in society you are lowerered in grade to a labourer.less money,less life,less joy.education is an oppression tool just like racism.it is a means of lowering a person.some people are less intelligent,and in our society are oppressed.

here's the thing. if you have never been taught how can you teach? you don't just wake up one day and know everything. you are taught these things over years. then, once you have that base of knowledge, you can build on it with your own thoughts, opinions ideas, etc.

making your own ideas, thoughts, opinions, etc. without education is like trying to paint a house when you have never seen a house before. there will be input from your mind, but it is going to be far from a house as you have no clue what a house is.

whereas if you are educated, you can paint that house, and then your mind comes in with what color, design, background, etc.

@smellycat- the above is an anology...don't take it literally
12-22-2008, 12:14 PM
I don't think being less educated is a crime. I do think that less educated people are not in upper management positions, for instance, because it takes someone well written, well spoken and well mannered to handle a management position. Mid-level positions still have to be well written and well spoken, but mid-level people generally do not have to deal with the finessing that upper management have to deal with. Trade workers don't have to have the skill set that mid-and upper-management positions require. That's why teenagers are able to have summer jobs, after school jobs and weekend jobs. They're learning a trade that teaches specific positions. It's the same principle for skilled laborers. I also happen to know many who work trade positions that are much better read, written and spoken than I.

Recently I had to update my resume. I poured over every word because I knew that in this market, any advantage would help. I also knew that poor structure, punctuation errors and common grammer errors would have my resume floating in File 13.

I suppose I'm of the opinion that if you come across illiterate, you'll be treated as if you are. I'm also from the south and when I have to travel, people are constantly mistaking my slow accent for stupidity. I'm not, but the connotation is there until I prove that I'm not.

It's always fun to watch them discover that I'm not just a bubblebrain! Big Grin

Justice -- When you get what you deserve.
Mercy -- When you don't get what you deserve.
Grace -- When you get what you don't deserve.
12-22-2008, 01:20 PM
(12-22-2008 12:14 PM)Alison Wrote:  I don't think being less educated is a crime. I do think that less educated people are not in upper management positions, for instance, because it takes someone well written, well spoken and well mannered to handle a management position. Mid-level positions still have to be well written and well spoken, but mid-level people generally do not have to deal with the finessing that upper management have to deal with. Trade workers don't have to have the skill set that mid-and upper-management positions require. That's why teenagers are able to have summer jobs, after school jobs and weekend jobs. They're learning a trade that teaches specific positions. It's the same principle for skilled laborers. I also happen to know many who work trade positions that are much better read, written and spoken than I.

I think this is a good summary. Although it should also be mentioned that often times management does not possess the same skill set as the laborers they oversee.

A few posts ago, smellycat was talking about education, and finished up by making a comment about intelligence. The two are somewhat related, but not the same. Education is simply learned information. Intelligence is...a bit more complicated. Intelligence may limit the type or overall amount of information one can learn. However, even average to fairly dumb people can learn and retain an incredible amount of information.

So, in many cases, being uneducated is a choice.

If ignorance is bliss why aren't there more happy people?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  For what crime she was killed! vonason 58 6,315 02-03-2010 06:40 AM
Last Post: vonason
  Was the church involved in the horrific crime? julio 3 872 07-17-2009 07:29 PM
Last Post: Raphael

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)