Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
is this not the scariest kids T.V programme ever?!
08-05-2009, 04:49 PM
Sad is this not the scariest kids T.V programme ever?!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQ-nif4rXGs
skip to 2.30
imagine waking up at 6 in the morning, turning on the T.V and seeing this (and the intros pretty tame compared to the rest of it...)
if you don't agree, what is the scariest kids programme and why?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-05-2009, 06:21 PM
RE: is this not the scariest kids T.V programme ever?!
. . . one day people will realize that "horribly sung" is not the same as "cute".

But if you go for scariest . . . lets take Sesame Street. Great kids show, a staple of life growing up. Unless you happened to be growing up on November 24, 1983. When you would have seen this lovely segment.

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.
08-05-2009, 09:23 PM (This post was last modified: 08-05-2009 09:28 PM by Heather_1989.)
(08-05-2009 06:21 PM)GTseng3 Wrote:  . . . one day people will realize that "horribly sung" is not the same as "cute".

But if you go for scariest . . . lets take Sesame Street. Great kids show, a staple of life growing up. Unless you happened to be growing up on November 24, 1983. When you would have seen this lovely segment.

haha yep thats pretty traumatic but in a different way to the boobahs, you would think it would be easier for them just to say Mr Hooper had moved away.
. for some reason the chuckle brothers used to really freak me out.. i think it was the staches
and there where a few aussie shows that where weird also.. but then australian programmes always are

did you ever watch this kids cartoon called stickin around where one of the main characters has a dog that is clearly dead (crosses for eyes, flys coming off it ect) and she drags it around on its lead everywhere and still feeds it and refuses to acknowledge that its dead.. that was pretty morbid (but funny!)

wow, i clearly watched way too much T.V when i was a kid... Big Grin
on that note i just watched a 2 hour documentary on jones town and the peoples temple and am still completely baffled and annoyingly despite interviewing the few survivors they never explained how they escaped while the other 900 odd people didn't Sad
08-05-2009, 09:33 PM
Heh. I remember Muppet Treasure Island.

"Dead Tom's dead! Silver shot him!"
"But Dead Tom's always been dead. Yeah, that's why he's called Dead Tom."
". . . oh."

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.
08-05-2009, 09:44 PM
(08-05-2009 09:33 PM)GTseng3 Wrote:  Heh. I remember Muppet Treasure Island.

"Dead Tom's dead! Silver shot him!"
"But Dead Tom's always been dead. Yeah, that's why he's called Dead Tom."
". . . oh."

haha i remember seeing that in an empty cinema with some friends for my birthday, unfortunately we where too exited by having the place to ourselves that we ended up just running around for two hours instead of watching the film..

should of started the thread favourite childhood films instead, mine would have to be the brave little toaster despite the fact that throwing household appliances out is still very painful... or the labyrinth.. at the time it seemed cool..
08-06-2009, 12:49 AM
Hey, Labyrinth seems cool even now. Even if David Bowie's package did get top billing over the actor himself.

Brave Little Toaster was a gem. One of the most underrated movies ever. I also was a fan of the Chipmunk movie (the original animated one).

And all the stuff Don Bluth did after leaving Disney. Those were fantastic movies.

08-06-2009, 08:33 AM
(08-05-2009 09:44 PM)Heather_1989 Wrote:  ...the labyrinth.. at the time it seemed cool.

Labyrinth is IMO an excellent film, not the least reason being the remarkable performance by the young Jennifer Connelly. It would be another decade before she was again given material suitable to her talent. I believe that even a short film of Jennifer reading the newspaper over breakfast could be entertaining.

Labyrinth is of course memorable in various other ways - the talents of Henson, Froud, Bowie - but my favorite moment is still the last time Sarah says "You have no power over me!", not just reciting it this time but meaning it, and the fantasy world comes tumbling down. Smile

What did Kermit say at Jim Henson's funeral?

He was speechless...Sad
08-06-2009, 10:39 AM
I'll have to make a point of watching Labrynth after reading the above appraisal. I gave my young niece a DVD of the film a few years ago, and it was her favourite for ages, and would be played repeatedly. It also sparked in her a passion for the music of David Bowie - in fact recently we have been in the habit of deriving entertainment from alternately reciting lines from his song lyrics to each other on Instant Messenger...Life On Mars being a favourite..

For frightening young children, I would nominate the wicked Queen from Walt Disney's 1937 film Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. Her appearance would always send the aforementioned cherub into hiding behind the settee..
08-06-2009, 12:20 PM
Aww, Maleficent was scarier than that. And as a little kid, the Horned King (from The Black Cauldron) was even scarier, though as an older kid the poor animation of the Black Cauldron definitely gave Maleficent the edge.

08-07-2009, 04:52 AM
(08-06-2009 12:20 PM)GTseng3 Wrote:  Aww, Maleficent was scarier than that. And as a little kid, the Horned King (from The Black Cauldron) was even scarier, though as an older kid the poor animation of the Black Cauldron definitely gave Maleficent the edge.

Sleeping Beauty is my candidate for the best ever 'old style' (hand drawn) feature length animation, and Maleficent the best ever Disney villain.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Okay kids, post your Poor Me Stories here . . . Internet Ministry 15 2,019 10-19-2010 09:06 AM
Last Post: StarStuff

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)