Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
my question to athiests
11-24-2008, 03:54 PM
Smile my question to athiests
you follow 90% of God at least anyway,so is it your 10% that is an athiest.

Good evil salvation
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-24-2008, 04:15 PM
RE: my question to athiests
smellycat Wrote:you follow 90% of God at least anyway,so is it your 10% that is an athiest.

Where are you getting this figure? Are you referencing some actual study, or are you pulling numbers out of your rectum?

I'm sure atheists have varying reasons for being atheist. I would say I'm about 97% certain that there is no "God". And I'm more than 99% certain that if there is a god, it is not the one depicted in any religion we currently have.

If ignorance is bliss why aren't there more happy people?
11-24-2008, 04:22 PM
damian.hoffman Wrote:
smellycat Wrote:you follow 90% of God at least anyway,so is it your 10% that is an athiest.

Where are you getting this figure? Are you referencing some actual study, or are you pulling numbers out of your rectum?

I'm sure atheists have varying reasons for being atheist. I would say I'm about 97% certain that there is no "God". And I'm more than 99% certain that if there is a god, it is not the one depicted in any religion we currently have.
just a guess,but from the athiests i know,many are better christians than a lot of christians,i was just wondering if it was pride that stops you believing.see for yourself what God says and what you agree with.i find it hilarious.

Good evil salvation
11-24-2008, 05:14 PM
smellycat Wrote:
damian.hoffman Wrote:

just a guess,but from the athiests i know,many are better christians than a lot of christians,i was just wondering if it was pride that stops you believing.see for yourself what God says and what you agree with.i find it hilarious.

Ah, then in that case...

No, it's not pride. Smile

If ignorance is bliss why aren't there more happy people?
12-02-2008, 06:48 PM (This post was last modified: 12-02-2008 06:52 PM by CosmoRad110.)
Yah i don't think it is pride and those numbers are way off I'm completely atheist not even 1% of me is Christian you cant even be 90% Christian 10% Atheist if you were then you are neither because that means you believe in god but don't believe in god... Doesn't make sense. And its not pride, its not like i think I'm cool and strong because I'm Atheist. I think we atheists are atheists because, well, thats what we believe in. And how can they be better christians?!?!? We don't think some guy named Jesus is are saviour... isn't that really the whole basis of Christianity to believe that God is the creator and Jesus is our saviour? So we atheists are definitely not better at being "Christian", thats like saying a Muslim is a better Mormon than other Mormons? Sorry i don't mean to be harsh but i just don't see what you are getting at, exactly.

-CosmoRad
12-02-2008, 10:09 PM
I'm pretty sure that whatever stops an atheist from believing in God varies from one to the other...the issue at hand may not involve pride as in Damian's case, but it might to another.
12-03-2008, 01:49 AM
I would imagine that atheism is as varied in reasoning as religious faiths, there are of course in all probability shared common themes within this but all will have their own individual reasons.

my atheism is just like your religion
only i subtract 1 one more god
12-03-2008, 08:53 AM
JonathanT Wrote:I'm pretty sure that whatever stops an atheist from believing in God varies from one to the other...the issue at hand may not involve pride as in Damian's case, but it might to another.
It’s hard for me to imaging that pride would have anything to do with it. I find that we can't help what we believe. It’s not just deciding that today I will become a believer. We can decide to claim to be a believer, but real believing comes from the heart. And it takes experience to change the heart. A lot of things effect what we will believe in life. How we are raised, harsh circumstances or good, even talent or lack of, things we were born with. I suppose pride or fear could cause a lot of people to claim to be almost anything. Believing this way seems to give me more patience with others who believe differently than I do.
01-19-2009, 02:55 PM
If by better at being christians than christians you mean we are kinder at times I think its because with no deity controlling their morality they use compassion, experience, evidence, logic etc for our morality and that can if used right steer away from prejudice and judgment. but then again some can be jerks cas at the end of the day logic will always be a slave to the passions you just have to hope their emotions are loving.

As for believing in God I can think of so many reasons not to. don't want to worship and be lower than another creature, believe in equality, think its more responsible to find their own principles, don't think god is necessary, terrified by Judaeo christian portrayal of God. and many more.

Philosophy is science's sexy cousin.
01-26-2009, 07:45 PM
(11-24-2008 03:54 PM)smellycat Wrote:  you follow 90% of God at least anyway,so is it your 10% that is an athiest.

Dear poor smellycat... An atheist is someone that does not believe in God or at least not the way Christians or any other religion does.
Bouddhists and Taoists are Atheist too since they do not worship any god, they focus rather on energy and selfcontrol.
Being Atheist does not mean we are not spiritual and have our own ideas about how and why we are here; of course i understand that the concept of Atheism is totally incomprehensible for poor religious folks and i will tell you why....

Christians, Jews and Arabs, glorify their own belief as being the only true way for their "salvation" whatever you need that for. All 3 of them worship a god they are told to fear. Any other God or way of spirituality is nonexistant for them for the simple fact that there is only one.
It is with this arrogance of claiming they have the only true way (im sorry im lost.. Islam is true? Christ is true? Moses and his Jews are true? they all claim the same but hate each other nowadays) that they cannot possibly understand people not believing in their precious little supercreator.
Hope i have informed you a little more and do not draw ridiculous conclusions anymore.
Being an honest and truehearted human does not mean he is christian, not only christians get to go to heaven (if such a thing exists). Saying so means Christianity is racist and intolerant of people not believing in christianity, and that is twisting the word of your beloved jesus himself.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)