Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
new here
05-15-2010, 10:10 AM
new here
Just a word of introduction. I have been a christian since 1983. I grew up in the Methodist church, but most recently was involved in the Baptist faith. I have a seminary degree from Southwestern Baptist in Religious Education and have served in several different areas of the church and in hospitals and nursing homes. I like to help others and now work in mental health. I am looking forward to being a part of the forum here and making new friends on here.

My Online faith journal
http://jeffinnc.blogspot.com
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-15-2010, 10:13 AM
RE: new here
welcome..................

????????????????
05-15-2010, 12:27 PM
(05-15-2010 10:10 AM)jeffsi435 Wrote:  Just a word of introduction. I have been a christian since 1983. I grew up in the Methodist church, but most recently was involved in the Baptist faith. I have a seminary degree from Southwestern Baptist in Religious Education and have served in several different areas of the church and in hospitals and nursing homes. I like to help others and now work in mental health. I am looking forward to being a part of the forum here and making new friends on here.

Welcome, I'm Clementine, our resident Vodouisant. I will admit, both sects you've mentioned tend to scare me, but I do hope you enjoy your stay here!

Pawol anpil pa leve le mo
Lavi m nan men Bondye o sen
05-15-2010, 03:39 PM
(05-15-2010 12:27 PM)Clementine Wrote:  
(05-15-2010 10:10 AM)jeffsi435 Wrote:  Just a word of introduction. I have been a christian since 1983. I grew up in the Methodist church, but most recently was involved in the Baptist faith. I have a seminary degree from Southwestern Baptist in Religious Education and have served in several different areas of the church and in hospitals and nursing homes. I like to help others and now work in mental health. I am looking forward to being a part of the forum here and making new friends on here.

Welcome, I'm Clementine, our resident Vodouisant. I will admit, both sects you've mentioned tend to scare me, but I do hope you enjoy your stay here!

They tend to scare me sometimes too, so we have that in common.Smile

My Online faith journal
05-15-2010, 04:40 PM
(05-15-2010 03:39 PM)jeffsi435 Wrote:  

Really? May I ask why? I doubt people in your own sects have attacked or harassed or stalked you.

05-15-2010, 04:52 PM
(05-15-2010 04:40 PM)Clementine Wrote:  

Really? May I ask why? I doubt people in your own sects have attacked or harassed or stalked you.

I actually don't consider myself Baptist or Methodist any longer. I consider myself christian. I have found that in most cases christians are harder and more unkind to their own that those outside the church. I found myself verbally attacked on several occassions and harrased to the point that I no longer wanted to go to church. I haven't actually been in about a year and a half now.
I don't want to go into all the details of this since it is years in the past and I would like to keep it that way. I was just saying that I have reservations about some religious people probably as much as you do if not more.

My Online faith journal
05-15-2010, 05:09 PM
(05-15-2010 04:52 PM)jeffsi435 Wrote:  
(05-15-2010 04:40 PM)Clementine Wrote:  

I actually don't consider myself Baptist or Methodist any longer. I consider myself christian. I have found that in most cases christians are harder and more unkind to their own that those outside the church. I found myself verbally attacked on several occassions and harrased to the point that I no longer wanted to go to church. I haven't actually been in about a year and a half now.
I don't want to go into all the details of this since it is years in the past and I would like to keep it that way. I was just saying that I have reservations about some religious people probably as much as you do if not more.

Makes sense. I didn't mean to pry.

05-17-2010, 04:40 AM
hi there from a JEHOVAHS WITNESS

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)