Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
sexual intercourse with...........
09-18-2013, 04:48 PM (This post was last modified: 09-18-2013 05:14 PM by KAYSER.)
sexual intercourse with...........
Is it moral/immoral for a person to have sexual intercourse with his/her own Mother, sister, or brother?
Whatever you answer, please tell us Why

This thread is mainly directed to Atheists, so believers please keep out for now, then we open the floor for everyone

Click Here to know more about Islam
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-18-2013, 05:06 PM
RE: sexual intercourse with...........
Just wondering: whatever the answers the Atheist give, I would like to know their justification for the morality/immorality of these actions.

Carry on Big Grin

"To yield and give way to our passions is the lowest slavery, even as to rule over them is the only liberty." -Justin Martyr
09-18-2013, 05:07 PM
Well personally I would say immoral, not only does it break societal norms crossing all types of relationships, but any children produced would likely have a high rate of genetic problems. I would be mor lenient if it were second or third cousins. Even first cousins pushes it a little far.

Ištu dumqim amqut, u anaku anmiq
09-18-2013, 05:11 PM
(09-18-2013 05:07 PM)Achrelos Wrote:  Well personally I would say immoral, not only does it break societal norms crossing all types of relationships,
How about if it is in a society that everyone is doing it and that is the norm of that society?

(09-18-2013 05:07 PM)Achrelos Wrote:  but any children produced would likely have a high rate of genetic problems. I would be mor lenient if it were second or third cousins. Even first cousins pushes it a little far.
How about before the act, they had a genetic and health test, and they found out, it was ok?

09-18-2013, 05:24 PM
1.) I find morality to be largely subjective. To them in their society it would be okay, but im not in their society so I still think its wrong.
2.) If it wont harm anyone then no harm done. Society has a funny way of instilling principles on people, so despite no harm I would still say it is wrong. That doesnt make me any more right or wrong, its just how I was taught. But if it does cause harm it is definitely wrong, I think all cultures agree inflicting undue harm is immoral.

09-18-2013, 05:29 PM
But what is right is right, and what is wrong is wrong, something can't be moral and immoral depending on location or society, so are you saying those people are doing something immoral?

09-18-2013, 06:13 PM
If no children are produced from the activity, is the relationship itself still immoral? Why?

"To yield and give way to our passions is the lowest slavery, even as to rule over them is the only liberty." -Justin Martyr
09-18-2013, 06:33 PM
Quote:Is it moral/immoral for a person to have sexual intercourse with his/her own Mother, sister, or brother?
The immorality and taboo of incest is due to its negative effect on genetic health. Parents have a moral responsibility for the health of their children, that's why women shouldn't smoke or drink during pregnancy, and why fathers should do their best to keep the mother from getting stressed out. Incest causes the accentuation of recessive genes -- too much of that and you end the way the Hapsburg dynasty did.
Quote:If no children are produced from the activity, is the relationship itself still immoral? Why?
In the case that all steps are taken to prevent procreation (or it's gay sex), then although it is gross, it is morally acceptable.
09-18-2013, 06:44 PM
rocketboy9000 Wrote:Parents have a moral responsibility for the health of their children

Does this mean people who know they have genetic defects should not have children?

09-18-2013, 06:57 PM
(09-18-2013 05:29 PM)KAYSER Wrote:  But what is right is right, and what is wrong is wrong, something can't be moral and immoral depending on location or society, so are you saying those people are doing something immoral?

It most certainly is. You cant eat dogs in America, you can in Korea(I think its Korea), you can eat cows in America but not in india, in ancient rome a 30 year old man could and usually did marry a 13 to 15 year old girl, most places now that could not happen, the list goes on. Time and place are key factors on peoples moral view.

If this were not so wouldn't their be no cultural or temporal differences? Isnt that why some people disagree on moral opinion? If right was right and wrong was wrong, how could we be having this discussion?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)