Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
spiritual encounters
12-23-2009, 03:22 PM
spiritual encounters
have you had a spiritual encounter with your deity other deities?
an exciting or atypical experience?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-23-2009, 04:07 PM
RE: spiritual encounters
(12-23-2009 03:22 PM)rena Wrote:  have you had a spiritual encounter with your deity other deities?

Do angels and the Jewish god-Yahweh count?

"Hidden underneath the stoned cold surface of every Pious Person lays buried a Kinky Pervert, Stop bringing shovels, Where not digging!"-Azrael
12-23-2009, 04:34 PM
(12-23-2009 03:22 PM)rena Wrote:  have you had a spiritual encounter with your deity other deities?

I'm going to have to go with my first NDE for my most exciting spiritual experience with my deities.
12-27-2009, 06:39 PM (This post was last modified: 12-27-2009 06:41 PM by Venedi Sporoi.)
I don't see Gods, but I have a few experiences. One night I had a dream about loss of faith or belief, and felt attacked by some vague but tangible and black manifestation of doubt as I wandered through a forest. I called for help from Perun, the thunderer, and experienced a flash of white light. I awoke to the rumbling of a thunderstorm.

I'm curious Azrael, so why don't you tell us what sort of experience/s you allude to?
01-02-2010, 06:34 PM
(12-27-2009 06:39 PM)Venedi Sporoi Wrote:  I don't see Gods, but I have a few experiences. One night I had a dream about loss of faith or belief, and felt attacked by some vague but tangible and black manifestation of doubt as I wandered through a forest. I called for help from Perun, the thunderer, and experienced a flash of white light. I awoke to the rumbling of a thunderstorm.

I'm curious Azrael, so why don't you tell us what sort of experience/s you allude to?
Yes Azrael, you seem to mention these all the time but never exactly tell us what things happen in your dreams and who exactly is in them. Why don't you tell us?
01-04-2010, 09:20 AM
Ok, here's mine. Before I start, please remember I don't believe in ghosts and am very sceptical of such things...

At around 5am on the 26th December 2003 I awoke in my room with someone standing next to my bed. The figure looked to be about 5’ tall or so, and as my room was in darkness I could only see the silhouette of whoever my visitor was. Assuming that it was my flatmate sleepwalking I asked him if he was alright, to which I received no reply. I asked the question again, a little louder, hoping it might gently wake him. This still failed to get the attention of my guest, so I reached out to tap him on the leg, in order to wake him up and send him back to his own room. As I reached out the figure took a step back and swiped at my hand! At this point I was so alarmed I practically levitated out of my bed to turn the light on, only to find myself totally alone in my room. I then sat with the light on until the sun came up.

I absolutely was NOT asleep when this happened. I've put it down to something like sleep paralysis or old hag syndrome, I'm not quite possitive it fits into that category.
01-04-2010, 10:59 AM
Well, disregarding for a moment the chance that you were hallucinating... that seems a very vague vision. How do you know what you experienced? Quite frankly, it sounds more like stories of aliens or fairies than anything else.

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.
01-04-2010, 11:40 AM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2010 11:46 AM by Zagreus.)
(01-04-2010 10:59 AM)GTseng3 Wrote:  Well, disregarding for a moment the chance that you were hallucinating... that seems a very vague vision. How do you know what you experienced? Quite frankly, it sounds more like stories of aliens or fairies than anything else.

Quite frankly I'd say that too, but I promise you it happened. The figure wasn't vague at all, it looked solid and 3D, hence why I thought it was my flatmate who had wandered into the wrong room. I've never experienced anything like that, and it scared the hell out of me. As I said, I think it was sleep paralysis of some sort, and probably simply a hallucination, but it's a good story.
01-04-2010, 01:20 PM
But how do you build a faith around such an experience? That tells you nothing about the nature of the spiritual. Again, let us assume for a moment that you were not hallucinating (and hallucinations often seem very real. That's why they are hallucinations.) That would indicate some sort of teleportation, or perhaps dimensional travel, or aliens, or fairies, or maybe angels. But you would have no other information beyond that.

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.
01-04-2010, 01:40 PM
Right, I see what you're getting at! I posted it as I thought it was an atypical experience, as the OP wanted, but I think I can see where you're going with the questions.

In all honesty, I can see exactly why you'd build a faith around this, or it would confirm some ideas you already had. If this had happened 100/200 years ago I wouldn't be claiming it a psychological experience, but more likely a visit by a succubi. It tells me a great deal beyond the every day senses that I rely on, and if I was so inclined could easily be proof to myself of the existence of ghosts, or perhaps, as you say, an extra dimensional being. The amount of Crowley's stuff I've read it's a wonder I didn't think it him coming back from the grave to haunt me! (I live down the road from where he was cremated actually... hmmm, no don't be silly Zag!)

Honestly, GT, this thing was VERY real next to me, which is why I think it more a hallucination, than simply sleep paralysis.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)