Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
survey about religion and college
03-17-2008, 02:06 AM
survey about religion and college
Hello. I was wondering if some college students or anyone who has graduated college would mind answering a few questions. I am currently working on a research project for one of my classes at my university and was hoping for some feedback on some things. Thanks for helping me out. Also, i need these answers ASAP. So quick replys are greatly appreciated. Thanks.
1. What University did. or are you attending?
2. What year did you graduate or what year you currently in school
3. What religion's would you say you practice currently if any?
4. What religion/s did you practice before your college experience?
5. What religion/s did you practice while in college?
6. Did you take any classes in college that dealt with religion in any shape or form. Please list and briefly describe if yes.
7. Were you a member of any clubs or organizations while in college. If yes, list the organization and briefly describe your experience.
8. Did any Professor influence your religious beliefs while in college? IF yes, describe.
9. Do you believe that college influences ones religions beliefs/convictions? If yes, in what way/s?
10. If any other thoughts about religion and how college affects ones religious beliefs/convictions, please list here. For example, any accounts of other people you are familiar with or studies you've heard of? Any information would be appreciated.

Thank you for filling this out. I am deeply interested in religion and other subjects that deal with it. I just found this forum and hope to become more involved with it. Let me know if anyone would like to discuss anything with me at all. Thanks again!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-15-2008, 09:52 PM
RE: survey about religion and college
Hey, how you going.

1. UTAS / University of Tasmania.
2. Currently not going to school.
3. Atheism.
4. Orthodox/Catholic.
5. Atheism.
6. None.
7. None.
8. No.
9. Yes. Because different societies require you act in a certain way, depending on where you live in the world.
10. Havent heard of any other surveys doing this type of study, sounds interesting.

Whats your research project called?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-25-2009, 04:30 PM
(03-17-2008 02:06 AM)miafinsfan34 Wrote:  Hello. I was wondering if some college students or anyone who has graduated college would mind answering a few questions. I am currently working on a research project for one of my classes at my university and was hoping for some feedback on some things. Thanks for helping me out. Also, i need these answers ASAP. So quick replys are greatly appreciated. Thanks.
1. What University did. or are you attending?
University of Kentucky

2. What year did you graduate or what year you currently in school
ending Freshman year

3. What religion's would you say you practice currently if any?
Atheism

4. What religion/s did you practice before your college experience?
the same, atheism

5. What religion/s did you practice while in college?
atheism

6. Did you take any classes in college that dealt with religion in any shape or form. Please list and briefly describe if yes.
yes, finishing up an intro to comparative religion course right now. the class was mostly reading our text about five of the major religions, hinduism, buddhism, christianity, judaism, islam. we also had two projects that involved visiting a worship service of a religion/sect that was different that our own. also visiting a religious service where the majority of the attendance was a different race than our own. plus, a project that involves questioning people of several different religions to try to get an idea what day to day life is like for different religions. (see my survey in this forum!)

7. Were you a member of any clubs or organizations while in college. If yes, list the organization and briefly describe your experience.
Not really involved in organizations at this point.

8. Did any Professor influence your religious beliefs while in college? IF yes, describe.
Not yet.

9. Do you believe that college influences ones religions beliefs/convictions? If yes, in what way/s?
not for me personally. i didn't start college until i was 28, soooo... i think i already had a pretty sound idea about religion. i'm still open to new influences, it just hasn't happened yet.

10. If any other thoughts about religion and how college affects ones religious beliefs/convictions, please list here. For example, any accounts of other people you are familiar with or studies you've heard of? Any information would be appreciated.

sorry, nothing specific that i can think of.

Thank you for filling this out. I am deeply interested in religion and other subjects that deal with it. I just found this forum and hope to become more involved with it. Let me know if anyone would like to discuss anything with me at all. Thanks again!
04-25-2009, 04:52 PM (This post was last modified: 04-25-2009 04:53 PM by Anglican.)
Quote:1. What University did. or are you attending?
University of Leeds (UK)

Quote:2. What year did you graduate or what year you currently in school

Quote:3. What religion's would you say you practice currently if any?
Christianity

Quote:4. What religion/s did you practice before your college experience?
None

Quote:5. What religion/s did you practice while in college?
None.

Quote:6. Did you take any classes in college that dealt with religion in any shape or form. Please list and briefly describe if yes.
No.

Quote:7. Were you a member of any clubs or organizations while in college. If yes, list the organization and briefly describe your experience.
No.

Quote:8. Did any Professor influence your religious beliefs while in college? IF yes, describe.
No.

Quote:9. Do you believe that college influences ones religions beliefs/convictions? If yes, in what way/s?
In my case, no. At least not at a conscious level, but having just finished a maths degree, the feeling may have been lurking that it was time that something other than the rigid logic of mathematics had its turn.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Religion / Personality Survey UMWpsychology 1 409 11-14-2012 01:01 AM
Last Post: UMWpsychology
  College Research Paper animenica 7 1,454 11-17-2010 01:21 PM
Last Post: Blood_Raven13
  Religion Survey player1 4 924 11-22-2009 04:37 AM
Last Post: derprinz
  Religion Survey for College Course blueviolent 9 1,738 05-05-2009 05:54 PM
Last Post: Holy Babylon
Rolleyes Help with college assignment??? jonslady04 3 735 03-03-2009 02:47 AM
Last Post: Urthred

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)