Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
temperament theory and religion
01-07-2010, 10:19 AM (This post was last modified: 01-07-2010 10:20 AM by rena.)
temperament theory and religion
i have studied psychology for the past four years and in this i continue to come across the temperament theory.

The four temperament types is a theory that has been thrown around for years.

do you think there could be a correlation between temperament types and what religion or life path they follow?
could your religion or life choices change your temperament?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-07-2010, 10:40 AM
RE: temperament theory and religion
(01-07-2010 10:19 AM)rena Wrote:  i have studied psychology for the past four years and in this i continue to come across the temperament theory.

The four temperament types is a theory that has been thrown around for years.

do you think there could be a correlation between temperament types and what religion or life path they follow?
could your religion or life choices change your temperament?

I have not been a church-goer or believer for many a year now, but I know scads of people who go to one kind of church or another and lots more who do not. It seems to me (unscientific off-the-cuff amateur opinion) that all 4 types are represented in each of the sub divisions.

However I am only vaguely familiar with the idea of temperament types and could be missing cues. I am much more familiar with Myer-Briggs. By the way, in that scheme I am a strong INTJ.
01-07-2010, 09:15 PM
I think there might be some correlation in situations when someone has a truly open mind and tries to find a religion that best fits them. Most people, however, are brought up in a particular religion, or at least in a culture associated with a particular religion, and so even if they "shop around" it will only be to variations of that religion.

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.
01-09-2010, 07:35 AM
I believe that everything in this world is inter-related and so everything that occurs in this world is related to the others in one way or the other either directly or indirectly. There should be a relation between the two.

r4i
01-12-2010, 02:50 PM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2010 02:53 PM by Stereophonic.)
(01-07-2010 10:19 AM)rena Wrote:  ...a correlation between temperament types and what religion or life path they follow?

There could be a correlation between temperament types and the various denominations of protestantism. I'm pretty sure that an Assemblies of God church and an Episcopal church would each appeal to specific and different temperaments.

(01-07-2010 10:19 AM)rena Wrote:  ...could your religion or life choices change your temperament?

Yes, without a doubt. Maybe not change the temperament completely, but at least modify it and take off the sharp edges.

http://www.biblicaltraining.org/ --- http://www.ntwrightpage.com/

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)