Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
time and reincarnation
11-27-2007, 01:31 AM
time and reincarnation
Time: Cyclical or just ongoing? Do we repeat in patterns or forge new paths? Do the things we do create alternate universes and such? What about reincarnation? If we believe in reincarnation does that not also posit the notion that only so many souls are in existance? lets talk!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-02-2007, 05:31 PM
RE: time and reincarnation
What I believe happens with time depends on your definition of time. I believe time is always marching forward and will never go back. I do believe though that events repeat themselves all the time. Wars over similar things happen over and over, civilizations rise and fall and rise and fall. On a larger scale, the universe formed and I believe it will someday be destroyed and formed again. All these events happen sequentially but are almost exact repeats of things which have happened before and will happen again. I view time I like a view a year. There is spring, summer, fall, and winter. Next year is another year which happens after this one but will be similar to and all before and after it.

His and Your Humble Servant
RF's Sponsors
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-29-2007, 10:30 AM
Hello to all.....
My way of viewing this is that all things of the natural world are cyclical, which is one of the main reasons I believe the idea of reincarnation is extremely valid. If you look around, you can see all kinds of analogies about birth and death, the lifeCycle, etc. For one, all you gotta do is take a good look at the seasons... What better way to come to a conclusion about life, living and death than to observe what is going on around you on a daily basis? I'm sold......
01-13-2008, 11:08 PM
That's true, but seasons aren't always the same. One winter I might get a couple feet of snow and others hardly any. And in some parts of the world you can hardly notice the seasons change at all.

His and Your Humble Servant
RF's Sponsors
05-12-2008, 02:16 AM
I Totally believe in reincarnation Wink

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
-Buddha
05-12-2008, 09:46 AM
Hey,
Time: Just ongoing. Forge new paths. Do things we do create alternate universes and such. Personally I have never created a universe and I wouldn't know where to start.

Don't beleive in reincarnation, because that would be too easy.

Is a relative to b?
11-01-2008, 10:43 PM
not my personal view but some cultures look at time as a spiral
things progress inwards or outwards but reoccur as they pass each over
some say it spirals both in and out (often saying this is represented by the universe expanding and the coming back to the centre to cause the bib bang)
its an interesting view and seems to expand upon the purely cyclical view

my atheism is just like your religion
only i subtract 1 one more god

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)