02-21-2010, 01:41 AM
RE: what do you think god looks like?
(02-21-2010 01:37 AM)minus459 Wrote:  Someone remove this rubbish

I reported some of their stuff.

Pawol anpil pa leve le mo
Lavi m nan men Bondye o sen
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-21-2010, 08:21 AM (This post was last modified: 02-21-2010 08:23 AM by biomystic.)
(02-20-2010 10:19 PM)taylorswiftisgod Wrote:  post pictures

[Image: panda1.gif]

[Image: hung-degarmo.jpg]
02-23-2010, 09:49 PM
What a wonderful topic, yet it is destroyed by spam (blatantly a teenager). Anyways, I believe that God is not a being that you can see, but, like in Paradiso by Dante, God is something that we cannot really perceive in our physical existence. This is to say, that we really can't see God in his true form, of course he can manifest, such as when Abraham saw God, but not his face, and of course Jesus Christ, with the carnation. We cannot see God's true form during our existence on Earth because He is Infinite and us, being Finite, cannot even begin to perceive something that does not have a beginning and end, and that never ages or ever changes. Perhaps when we are in His Kingdom we can perceive him, but I do not believe that He really looks like anything at all while we are here on Earth.
02-23-2010, 11:13 PM
(02-23-2010 09:49 PM)Holy Babylon Wrote:  What a wonderful topic, yet it is destroyed by spam (blatantly a teenager). Anyways, I believe that God is not a being that you can see, but, like in Paradiso by Dante, God is something that we cannot really perceive in our physical existence. This is to say, that we really can't see God in his true form, of course he can manifest, such as when Abraham saw God, but not his face, and of course Jesus Christ, with the carnation. We cannot see God's true form during our existence on Earth because He is Infinite and us, being Finite, cannot even begin to perceive something that does not have a beginning and end, and that never ages or ever changes. Perhaps when we are in His Kingdom we can perceive him, but I do not believe that He really looks like anything at all while we are here on Earth.

Then you've missed seeing God. Try looking into the next child's eyes you come across.
02-23-2010, 11:44 PM
If a God really did exist, my guess is that he might resemble the ugly kid out of the Star Trek episode, The Corbomite Maneuver. Much like the storyline in this televisual treat, the deity may be taunting and testing us by making wild threats about eternal punishment and Lakes of Fire, when the whole thing is really a test of character and credulity.

Abrahamic God as portrayed in Bible and Quran
[Image: 292px-Balok_puppet.jpg]

Actual Abrahamic God.
[Image: Balok_laughing.jpg]
02-24-2010, 03:41 PM
This should be an easy one

"We were created in his image" just as the bible says. You just have to look in the mirror each morning SmileSmile
02-24-2010, 05:02 PM
(02-24-2010 03:41 PM)Phill Wrote:  This should be an easy one

"We were created in his image" just as the bible says. You just have to look in the mirror each morning SmileSmile
Yes, yes, that is the more literal way of looking at it and I can agree with that.
02-25-2010, 07:45 AM
biomystic: Then you've missed seeing God. Try looking into the next child's eyes you come across.

Well said

????????????????

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)