Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
what inspires you
08-26-2011, 12:28 PM
what inspires you
There is a saying in Hebrew adam nifal lefi peulotav,basically it is saying that a persons work is the inspiration,sometimes ,like everyone,I tend to become uninspired, Tired, not just religiously, Out of curiosity what inspires you?
What makes you look forward to each day?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-26-2011, 12:33 PM
RE: what inspires you
snakes

you had to ask
08-26-2011, 12:46 PM
why snakes? do you work with them or a hobby?
08-26-2011, 12:59 PM
don't really know why, they interest me. I'm currently studying to work with them but it's more than a hobby.
08-26-2011, 02:45 PM
Fresh ingredients inspire me ... but then again, I love to cook. I love the planning, the buying, the washing, rinsing, peeling, chopping, slicing, saute-ing, tasting, plating and presentation of food.

When I photographed, shadows inspired me moreso than light, but you can't have shadows without the light, so I appreciated it. Also, nature inspired me ... simply because I'd had all of the bratty three year olds and their moms that I could handle! Big Grin
08-26-2011, 03:03 PM
Depends on the situation. Everyday normal stuff, my children inspire me. Before that, just the thought, I only get this day once, used to inspire me. Just the thought of knowing I might face some challenges inspires me. As well as the unknown. Other then that....well it would depend on the situation.

If everyone was thinking the same thing, then no one would be thinking at all.
08-26-2011, 03:32 PM
The endless march of progress inspires me.
08-26-2011, 08:02 PM
For a long time now, I've found life to be it's own motivation. But what do you expect from an existentialist Tongue I highly recommend Man's Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl for those who haven't read it.

Join Atheism Today! Be sure to ask about our sexy parties. Big Grin
08-26-2011, 08:12 PM (This post was last modified: 08-26-2011 08:14 PM by rocketboy9000.)
Ugh, I couldn't get through that book when someone recommended it, I threw it across the room while crying.
It was too depressing.
08-26-2011, 08:28 PM
(08-26-2011 08:12 PM)rocketboy9000 Wrote:  It was too depressing.

Night was required reading in high school, so I suppose I could get past all the depressing. It boils down to ask not what you expect from life, but what life expects from you. Or more particularly, life doesn't have a meaning, it is a meaning.

Join Atheism Today! Be sure to ask about our sexy parties. Big Grin

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)