Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
where is God
10-22-2009, 12:26 AM
where is God
Hi
Some says there is no god .God is inside us.within our heart. then one question I am asking why should we visit church?We should leave visiting church and pray?

vitamin c
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-22-2009, 07:07 AM
RE: where is God
In my opinion, God is within us. We become aware of Him via prayer.

Though God is within us, I think that it's important to attend church for social support. Humans are social creatures, and function best within a social support.

Every evening I turn my worries over to God.
He's going to be up all night anyway.
~Mary C. Crowley
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-22-2009, 10:04 AM
I once let Jesus into my heart. He rooted around, blocking aortas and arteries with abandon, until I finally realized that overly-romantic religious metaphors should never, ever be used.

But seriously. The question is, what is church for?

1. Church is for fellowship. This is the original concept behind the church, in the earliest days of Christianity (this was already changing by the time Paul wrote his epistles.) A bunch of believers get together, break bread, and share insights with each other. Later on churches would get church elders, and even later still a pastor, but I do still know a very few independent churches where the pastor serves more as moderator, and any person can speak. And by any person, of course, I mean any man. We all know that according to the bible women aren't people (and the churches I know of that still practice this method hold to that.)

2. Church is for human instruction. This is the case with most protestant churches. They believe in sola scriptura - that only the Bible is true. However, they believe their pastor is a wise man who can help you properly understand and interpret the bible (since, you know, the bible is contradictory and often false).

3. Church is for status. Many churches serve as country clubs, being attended by all the important people within a community. There was a huge Baptist church in Georgia that, about half a decade ago, was attended by the governor, and many more of the state's most influential politicians. Being part of that church meant that you instantly had pull throughout that whole area. Businesses in the area were afraid of the people of that church, since if the church should declare their business somehow bad or ungodly they would likely be out of business very soon.

4. Church is for divine instruction. This is the stance of the Catholic church, the Orthodox churches, and a few others. They do not believe that the Bible alone is true, they believe the church is a divine institution necessary for proper interpretation of the Bible. In this case the apparent contradictory nature of the bible is not seen as a bad thing, since the bible is only part of the story. These churches usually employ a large number of rituals and magic spells (such as the "sacraments" of the Catholic and Orthodox churches,) to give the whole experience a mysterious, sacred aura.

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.
10-22-2009, 04:27 PM
(10-22-2009 12:26 AM)brunoncyryl Wrote:  Hi
Some says there is no god .God is inside us.within our heart. then one question I am asking why should we visit church?We should leave visiting church and pray?

God created us
It is the right of Allah to us to be the first thing in our lives,
Should not offer him any of his creation, not a boy, and wife, and mother and father.
The measure of it is the heart,
Because the heart is the master of prey,
If it is to maximize the God in your heart, will appear on your actions.

The church is one of the solid things do not move and can not make anything.
How can this inanimate objects that do not move to make it in our hearts?
\

{إِنَّ الَّذِينَ آمَنُواْ وَعَمِلُواْ الصَّالِحَاتِ وَأَخْبَتُواْ إِلَى رَبِّهِمْ أُوْلَـئِكَ أَصْحَابُ الجَنَّةِ هُمْ فِيهَا خَالِدُونَ }
هود23
10-22-2009, 05:41 PM
Abusive parents "create" their children, but it is not their right to abuse them. We are free-thinking, sentient beings. Creators have no rights toward their created once their created become sentient.

If god wanted rights, he should never have made us intelligent.

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.
10-23-2009, 01:52 AM
(10-22-2009 05:41 PM)GTseng3 Wrote:  Abusive parents "create" their children, but it is not their right to abuse them. We are free-thinking, sentient beings. Creators have no rights toward their created once their created become sentient.

If god wanted rights, he should never have made us intelligent.

God was Alone and needed some company! The First Hour!
So he farted to cause the big bang, than picked his noise to create Order. The Second Hour!

He took that little piece of snot and turned it into our Galaxy.
The Third Hour!

Then he needed to use the restroom so he sat on his throne up in heaven. The Forth Hour!

Gods been going to the bathroom for a long time perhaps we should go check on him, said the angel Sophia to her brother Michael.
The 5th hour!

Michael was like "No I think he'l be just fine in there lets go have some incest while his pooping."
So the Daughters of Angels Created, with the Sons of man!
The 6th hour!

Dawn of a New day El goes to sleep for just a little while, Michael kills him in his sleep in an attempt to take his place.

El comes back to life and knocks down Sophia and Michael toward the Milky Way. The First Day ends!

The two energies combine and merge to form the Terran Solar System.
The Second day.

Earth is formed from Satans dead body by the Morning Star.
The Third Day!

The energy god had connects to Eden!
The 4th day!

Adam and Eve pick up the Answering machine!
The 5th day!

God gives them rules to follow!
The 6th day!

They break those Rules while God takes a snooz and Sophia clips her nails! The End of the 7th day!

Dawn of A new Day, Christ is Born!

"Hidden underneath the stoned cold surface of every Pious Person lays buried a Kinky Pervert, Stop bringing shovels, Where not digging!"-Azrael
10-23-2009, 11:57 AM
(10-23-2009 01:52 AM)Azrael17 Wrote:  God was Alone and needed some company! The First Hour!
So he farted to cause the big bang, than picked his noise to create Order. The Second Hour!

He took that little piece of snot and turned it into our Galaxy.
The Third Hour!

Then he needed to use the restroom so he sat on his throne up in heaven. The Forth Hour!

Gods been going to the bathroom for a long time perhaps we should go check on him, said the angel Sophia to her brother Michael.
The 5th hour!

Michael was like "No I think he'l be just fine in there lets go have some incest while his pooping."
So the Daughters of Angels Created, with the Sons of man!
The 6th hour!

Dawn of a New day El goes to sleep for just a little while, Michael kills him in his sleep in an attempt to take his place.

El comes back to life and knocks down Sophia and Michael toward the Milky Way. The First Day ends!

The two energies combine and merge to form the Terran Solar System.
The Second day.

Earth is formed from Satans dead body by the Morning Star.
The Third Day!

The energy god had connects to Eden!
The 4th day!

Adam and Eve pick up the Answering machine!
The 5th day!

God gives them rules to follow!
The 6th day!

They break those Rules while God takes a snooz and Sophia clips her nails! The End of the 7th day!

Dawn of A new Day, Christ is Born!

Don't bogart that joint, my friend.
10-23-2009, 01:44 PM
Hebrews 10:24, 25 – “consider one another to incite to love and fine works… let us encourage one another – and all the more as you see the Day approaching.”

The first instructions about a place to worship God are found in the Bible book of Exodus. God instructed his chosen people, the Israelites to build the tabernacle or the tent of meeting. (Exodus chapters 25-27)
For centuries, Samaritans worshiped God at a large temple in Mount Gerizim in Samaria. When Jesus had a conversation with a Samaritan woman, she said, “but you people say that in Jerusalem is the place where persons ought to worship.” In reply Jesus said, “Believe me, woman, the hour is coming when neither in the mountain nor in Jerusalem will you people worship the Father. A material temple would no longer be necessary in the worship of God, for Jesus explained: “God is a spirit, and those worshiping him must worship with spirit and truth.” John 4:20, 21, 24. Paul later told the Athenians: “The God that made the world and all the things in it, being, as this One is, Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in handmade temples.” Acts 17:24.

Clearly, the religious buildings of Christendom have no connection with the temple arrangement of the pre-Christian Era. And the first-century Christians had no reason to erect such places. After the death of the apostles, however, the foretold deviation from the true teachings - the apostasy occurred. Acts 20:29,30. Years before Roman Emperor Constantine was supposedly converted to Christianity in 313 C.E., professed Christians began to turn aside from what Jesus had taught.

Constantine contributed to the fusing of Christianity with the pagan Roman religion. The Encyclopedia Britannica says: “Constantine himself commissioned the construction of three enormous Christian basilicas in Rome: St. Peter’s, S. Paola Fuori le Mura, and S. Giovanni in Laterano. He created the cross shaped plan that became standard for churches in western Europe throughout the Middle Ages.” The reconstructed St. Peter’s Basilica in Rome is still considered the center of the Roman Catholic Church.

The pattern for the Christian way of meeting together emerges from an examination of how first century believers met. The scriptures indicate that they usually met together in private homes. For example, the apostle Paul wrote: “Give my greetings to Prisca and Aquila my fellow workers in Christ Jesus. And greet the congregation that is in their house. Romans 16:3,5. The Greek word for congregation (ek’kle’si a) is rendered church in some English translations, such as the King James Version. But the term refers to a group of people gathered together for common purpose, not to a building. Worship practiced by true Christians does not require ornate religious buildings.

The disciple James uses a form of the Greek word sy’na’go’ge’ to refer to a Christian meeting. James 2:2. The Greek word means “a bringing together” and is used interchangeably with ek’kle’si a. Over time, though, the term “synagogue” took in the meaning of the place or building where the assembly was held. The first Jewish Christians were familiar with what took place at a synagogue.

While the Jews met at the temple in Jerusalem for their annual festivals, the synagogues served as local places for learning about God and gaining an education in the Law. The exercises held at synagogues appear to have consisted of prayer and reading the Scriptures, as well as exposition and exhortation. When Paul and others with him went into a synagogue in Antioch, “the presiding officers of the synagogue sent out to them, saying: ‘Men, brothers, if there is any word of encouragement for the people that you have, tell it.” – Acts 13:15.
10-23-2009, 01:53 PM
Very good, jwitness! Only a single quibble...

Quote:Constantine contributed to the fusing of Christianity with the pagan Roman religion.

Constantine was out to suppress the old Roman religion as much as possible. This was the religion - and social network - of the Roman nobility who had in Constantine's opinion far too much power. Backing the Christians allowed him the opportunity to remove their financial backing as well as to hopefully straighten out the theologically based fighting going on in Alexandria and other points East. Egypt was the bread basket of the Empire as well the the largest single tax base, and Alexandria was the gateway to Egypt. Also the Persians were acting up again. The last thing needed in that region was civil unrest.
10-23-2009, 10:49 PM
God is Every where inside Every thing,

God is even in the Tight Black Pants of that Prostitute down the Street.

"Hidden underneath the stoned cold surface of every Pious Person lays buried a Kinky Pervert, Stop bringing shovels, Where not digging!"-Azrael

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)