Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
where or what is heaven?
03-17-2010, 12:14 PM
where or what is heaven?
is heaven a planet in a heavenly universe , or a universe with heavenly planets ?. what do you think heaven looks like? and where and where is this place? .
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-17-2010, 12:27 PM (This post was last modified: 03-17-2010 12:27 PM by Stereophonic.)
RE: where or what is heaven?
Heaven is another dimension of the cosmos; heaven is part of God's total creation.

Upon death, Christians go to heaven where they live as disembodied spirits until the end of present-day history when 1) all of creation will be renewed, 2) people will be given new resurrection bodies, and 3) we will then carry out new projects in the newly restored universe.

http://www.biblicaltraining.org/ --- http://www.ntwrightpage.com/
03-17-2010, 12:40 PM
Heaven is our future state. It is outside Creation, outside of our time-space continuum universe. At death we are released from this time-space continuum and our souls, our essence that is uniquely us, goes into another dimension that can be glimpsed in near-death-experiences.
03-17-2010, 01:58 PM
must admit , did not exspect that sort of replys.......bang goes my matrx theory .
03-17-2010, 05:50 PM
I imagine heaven as union with God, a state of conscious being outside time and physical creation in which the totality of all things is understood with indescribable clarity.

If truth is one, it is not possible for something to be scientifically false and religiously true.

-Baha'u'llah
03-18-2010, 02:20 PM
The same original language words used for the physical heavens are also applied to the spiritual heavens. God does not reside in the physical heavens, being a spirit. However, since he is ‘the High and Loft One’ who resides in the height, the basic sense of that which is lifted up or lofty expressed in the Hebrew language word makes it appropriate to describe God’s lofty abode of holiness and beauty. As the maker of the physical heavens, Jehovah is the owner.

In many texts, the heavens stand for God himself and his sovereign position. His throne is in the heavens, in the spirit realm over which he rules.
03-18-2010, 03:42 PM
(03-18-2010 02:20 PM)jwitness Wrote:  The same original language words used for the physical heavens are also applied to the spiritual heavens. God does not reside in the physical heavens, being a spirit. However, since he is ‘the High and Loft One’ who resides in the height, the basic sense of that which is lifted up or lofty expressed in the Hebrew language word makes it appropriate to describe God’s lofty abode of holiness and beauty. As the maker of the physical heavens, Jehovah is the owner.

In many texts, the heavens stand for God himself and his sovereign position. His throne is in the heavens, in the spirit realm over which he rules.
to be honest i believe there is more than one universe . this universe that we are resident in at the moment , is , only in our own minds ( matrix theory again ) . the original universe ( heavenly ) , is where we are in body- on a planet ( heaven )......understand?. in the begining when the 1st person/supreme being ( not god ) created the heavens and earth ( hell ) . he had to create the HEAVENS BEFORE he could build earth ( hell ) and the universe . the 1st person was re-born into a family of gods......born to FATHER GOD and was named " it " god ( obviously the supreme being took a step down to become a "it" god ) , that is when FATHER GOD and son ( it god/1st person ) built earth and the universe ( the matrix ) , he later ( it god/1st person ) was AGAIN re-born on to earth ( hell ) as......jesus christ . understand? there are parts i have missed out , in this little story .
03-18-2010, 05:32 PM
Heaven a place where you get what you wish and It is above the sky I think like biomystic out of the creation
03-18-2010, 07:25 PM
(03-18-2010 05:32 PM)muslim girl Wrote:  Heaven a place where you get what you wish and It is above the sky I think like biomystic out of the creation
above the sky? , muslim girl , that is could space . what i am asking is -what is heaven , a planet , a universe - the physical form .
03-19-2010, 06:01 AM
What most people call heaven is actually an eternal city which the Bible calls the new Jerusalem.Eternal city means god is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and god himself will be with them and be their god. He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away

r4 gold

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)