who are satans followers or children.?
12-11-2008, 07:36 PM
who are satans followers or children.?
what jobs would they have.?

Good evil salvation
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-13-2012, 01:19 PM
RE: who are satans followers or children.?
Satan's followers and/or children are the people on earth that's not doing right, nor even trying to in the eyes of God.
05-13-2012, 05:11 PM (This post was last modified: 05-14-2012 12:28 PM by thomasj6299.)
(12-11-2008 07:36 PM)smellycat Wrote:  what jobs would they have.?

I can give my opinion here, every human that ever lived, with the exception of Christ, has, and does follow satan on a regular basis.

Every time you and I make a decision based on anything but Love, we follow satin.

The ego, or the false self, is satin. Unfortunately most people identify with the ego, thinking it is who they are.

There are 2 voices in the mind, 1 is Spirit/God and 1 is ego/satan, Spirit is Light, ego is darkness. Spirit is Truth, ego is false.

It is not possible for darkness to shine away light, but Light will shine away darkness, always.

Falseness cannot stand up against Truth, ever.

For these 2 reasons, I believe that Light is real, darkness is not.
Truth is real, false is not.

Spirit is real, ego is not.
God is real, satan is not.

The problem with the world today is that most people listen to the ego voice in the mind, it is loud, selfish, competitive, insecure and fearful. See crime rate, divorce rate, economy, etc.. for results.

The solution is humility, or ego deflation, which quiets the mind so that the Spirit voice can be heard, it is Loving, calm, all knowing, unselfish, and secure.

It is the internal teacher, the Conscience, It will gently guide you with love, in fact God will express himself through you. You will know peace and serenity, and realize your purpose.

This has been my experience.

The nature of rain is the same, but it makes thorns grow in the marshes and flowers in the gardens.

Anthony De Mello
05-14-2012, 07:06 AM (This post was last modified: 05-14-2012 07:14 AM by URAVIP2ME.)

Since Satan would be the 'father' of his 'children' or followers then they could be considered a 'chip off the old block' in doing Satan's will over God's will.

Satan wanted Adam [mankind] to worship him over God.
What ever would take one away, or distract away, from worshiping the true God would be their job to do.

In Jesus' day the false religious leaders kept the truth of God's Word [Scripture] locked away from the people by teaching their traditions as if those man-made customs were Scripture.
-Mark 7 vs 1-7,13; Matthew 15 v 9

*Satan offered Jesus material things as a distraction
*Satan offered political office as a distraction.
*Satan used persecution as a distraction
So, it would seem logical that Satan's follower's job would also involve distractions.
Anything that would take away or distract from the real issue that it is God's kingdom government that is going to bring peace on earth in the hands of Christ Jesus as King of God's kingdom by giving people a choice, or diversion distraction, to distract between many different earthly governments or choice of earthly rulers instead of wanting people to know that God's kingdom is a real government with Jesus as king or ruler to obey Jesus.
Obey not just as head of the Christian congregation but as king of all kings or rulers.

-Daniel 7 vs 13,14; 2 v 44

(05-13-2012 05:11 PM)thomasj6299 Wrote:  
(12-11-2008 07:36 PM)smellycat Wrote:  
The solution is humility, or ego deflation, which quiets the mind so that the Spirit voice can be heard, it is Loving, calm, all knowing, unselfish, and secure.

It is the internal teacher, the Conscience, It will gently guide you with love, in fact God will express himself through you. You will know peace and serenity, and realize your purpose.

Humility is a good humble quality to have as the 'meek that will inherit the earth' are the humble sheep-like people of Matthew 25 vs 31,32, 37.

However, is the untrained conscience a good moral compass?
Who would want the conscience of a serial killer?_________

The conscience [inner witness bearer] can either excuse or accuse actions.
A hardened or calloused conscience is unfeeling like flesh branded by a hot branding iron.

-Romans 2 vs 14,15; 1st Timothy 4 v 2
05-14-2012, 08:29 AM
I just freaked out a little bit ... thinking Smellycat was back.

Hard to believe it's been so long since (s)he was here!
05-14-2012, 08:37 AM
(05-13-2012 05:11 PM)thomasj6299 Wrote:  I can give my opinion here, every human that ever lived, with the exception of Christ, has, and does follow satin on a regular basis.

It is the most seductive of the sheer fabrics.
05-14-2012, 12:09 PM
(05-14-2012 08:37 AM)Painkiller Wrote:  
(05-13-2012 05:11 PM)thomasj6299 Wrote:  I can give my opinion here, every human that ever lived, with the exception of Christ, has, and does follow satin on a regular basis.

It is the most seductive of the sheer fabrics.

I don't understand your response

The nature of rain is the same, but it makes thorns grow in the marshes and flowers in the gardens.

Anthony De Mello
05-14-2012, 12:15 PM
Don't worry, it was a silly joke based on your misspelling. It was clear what you meant.

Satan = a name used for the Judeo-Christian "devil" figure.

Satin = a soft, sheer fabric used in dresses and bed-sheets

[Image: 250px-GustaveDoreParadiseLostSatanProfile.jpg]
Satan

[Image: 250px-Satin_bedding.jpg]
Satin
05-14-2012, 12:23 PM (This post was last modified: 05-14-2012 12:26 PM by thomasj6299.)
(05-14-2012 07:06 AM)URAVIP2ME Wrote:  

Since Satan would be the 'father' of his 'children' or followers then they could be considered a 'chip off the old block' in doing Satan's will over God's will.

Satan wanted Adam [mankind] to worship him over God.
What ever would take one away, or distract away, from worshiping the true God would be their job to do.

In Jesus' day the false religious leaders kept the truth of God's Word [Scripture] locked away from the people by teaching their traditions as if those man-made customs were Scripture.
-Mark 7 vs 1-7,13; Matthew 15 v 9

*Satan offered Jesus material things as a distraction
*Satan offered political office as a distraction.
*Satan used persecution as a distraction
So, it would seem logical that Satan's follower's job would also involve distractions.
Anything that would take away or distract from the real issue that it is God's kingdom government that is going to bring peace on earth in the hands of Christ Jesus as King of God's kingdom by giving people a choice, or diversion distraction, to distract between many different earthly governments or choice of earthly rulers instead of wanting people to know that God's kingdom is a real government with Jesus as king or ruler to obey Jesus.
Obey not just as head of the Christian congregation but as king of all kings or rulers.

-Daniel 7 vs 13,14; 2 v 44

(05-13-2012 05:11 PM)thomasj6299 Wrote:  
(12-11-2008 07:36 PM)smellycat Wrote:  

Humility is a good humble quality to have as the 'meek that will inherit the earth' are the humble sheep-like people of Matthew 25 vs 31,32, 37.

However, is the untrained conscience a good moral compass?
Who would want the conscience of a serial killer?_________

The conscience [inner witness bearer] can either excuse or accuse actions.
A hardened or calloused conscience is unfeeling like flesh branded by a hot branding iron.

-Romans 2 vs 14,15; 1st Timothy 4 v 2

Conscience- a faculty, power, or principle enjoining good acts

This is the Conscience that I am speaking of
(05-14-2012 12:15 PM)Painkiller Wrote:  Don't worry, it was a silly joke based on your misspelling. It was clear what you meant.

Satan = a name used for the Judeo-Christian "devil" figure.

Satin = a soft, sheer fabric used in dresses and bed-sheets

[Image: 250px-GustaveDoreParadiseLostSatanProfile.jpg]
Satan

[Image: 250px-Satin_bedding.jpg]
Satin

Ha, thanks for pointing that out, for some reason every time I type that word, my fingers go for the I, even though I know its an A

Anthony De Mello
05-18-2012, 12:10 PM (This post was last modified: 05-18-2012 01:12 PM by Ullikummis.)

I am not sure I fully understand the question. You are being vague as to what sort of entities you are even asking about. You want the board to speculate on what jobs Devils and Fallen Angels have while on the earth ? People or Devils which is it? You might not get the answers you wouldnt like nor expect in reply to this, in its' current form. Are you suggesting there is a sort of structure to this? Am asking for more to go on
If you were asking what is going on in the heads of the alleged Devils and Fallen Angels .. Project a little psychology into the alleged entity. Most probable should be a sense of dread and utter hopeless. I hear the pay scales suck too.
smellyCat you dont listen to the others. Nice having you on the boards Smile
Correct me if I am wrong didnt we respond to a question posted in 2008. It is safe to say SmellyCat has left the building

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)