Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
why should we believ the bible
01-23-2010, 02:18 PM
why should we believ the bible
all the characters of the bible ...are fiction .... there is no eveidence whatso ever of any of these people existing .... not noah , not abraham , not moses , especially jesus... you cant find any artifact or burial sight ... you cant find nothing..... also the people who supposedly translated this into the bible .. believed the world was flat and the earth was at the center ???? can we really believe these people had a pact with god ???? how come we can find 3000 year old mummys and their gold , but can not find any thing from the bible.... even the ancient city of troy was found before any thing in the bible ..... if you really believe this stuff than you are easily controlled just what the government wants ..... read my thread .. who is the supreme being ..
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-24-2010, 11:29 AM
RE: why should we believ the bible
(01-23-2010 02:18 PM)KAMONRA Wrote:  all the characters of the bible ...are fiction .... there is no eveidence whatso ever of any of these people existing .... not noah , not abraham , not moses , especially jesus... you cant find any artifact or burial sight ... you cant find nothing...

There is reference to King David. "The scholarly consensus among archaeologists and epigraphers is that the fragment is an authentic reference to the Biblical King David..."

http://www.biblicaltraining.org/ --- http://www.ntwrightpage.com/
01-24-2010, 12:42 PM
(01-24-2010 11:29 AM)Stereophonic Wrote:  
(01-23-2010 02:18 PM)KAMONRA Wrote:  all the characters of the bible ...are fiction .... there is no eveidence whatso ever of any of these people existing .... not noah , not abraham , not moses , especially jesus... you cant find any artifact or burial sight ... you cant find nothing...

There is reference to King David. "The scholarly consensus among archaeologists and epigraphers is that the fragment is an authentic reference to the Biblical King David..."
yeah thats the only one .. and that is why rastafarians chant about king david .. but i still believe most of the bible is false
01-24-2010, 03:49 PM
(01-24-2010 12:42 PM)KAMONRA Wrote:  ...yeah thats the only one...

It's not the only one. Of course you're free to believe as you please, but you should at least strive for greater accuracy in your claims.

01-24-2010, 03:59 PM
you know dam well there is no eveidence of any of those characters just claims there may be something that supports those fictional stories.....
01-24-2010, 04:05 PM
Omri, Caiaphus, Pontius Pilate, the various Herods, Erastus, etc, etc., etc.

01-24-2010, 04:12 PM
(01-23-2010 02:18 PM)KAMONRA Wrote:  all the characters of the bible ...are fiction .... there is no eveidence whatso ever of any of these people existing .... not noah , not abraham , not moses , especially jesus... you cant find any artifact or burial sight ... you cant find nothing..... also the people who supposedly translated this into the bible .. believed the world was flat and the earth was at the center ???? can we really believe these people had a pact with god ???? how come we can find 3000 year old mummys and their gold , but can not find any thing from the bible.... even the ancient city of troy was found before any thing in the bible ..... if you really believe this stuff than you are easily controlled just what the government wants ..... read my thread .. who is the supreme being ..
Give me an example of sites that we would need to find in the Bible to make you think it's real. We have coins of Pontius Pilate, they did not necessarily believe the world was flat (I had a thread on it), mummies were carefully preserved in massive structures and caves meant to do so anyways.
01-24-2010, 04:46 PM
(01-23-2010 02:18 PM)KAMONRA Wrote:  all the characters of the bible ...are fiction .... there is no eveidence whatso ever of any of these people existing .... not noah , not abraham , not moses , especially jesus... you cant find any artifact or burial sight ... you cant find nothing..... also the people who supposedly translated this into the bible .. believed the world was flat and the earth was at the center ???? can we really believe these people had a pact with god ???? how come we can find 3000 year old mummys and their gold , but can not find any thing from the bible.... even the ancient city of troy was found before any thing in the bible ..... if you really believe this stuff than you are easily controlled just what the government wants ..... read my thread .. who is the supreme being ..

You're making other people who follow the Egyptian gods look dumb, even if you're not actually a proper Ra-worshiper. Please stop. Or at least make an attempt at passable grammar?

The archeology of the Hyskos period clearly shows a Canaanite influence, and given historical data we have, it is entirely likely that an Essene named Jesus existed. Is it possibly he didn't? Yes, but the odds are in favor. It is actually more likely that Paul did not exist.
01-24-2010, 09:25 PM
Many figures in the bible have external mention. Not all, and far from most, but many (David, Jesus and most of the NT apostles, etc.). Many more do not have external mention, but there is no reason to believe them false (i.e., most of the Biblical kings.)

Just because the bible is not divine truth does not mean it is not without historical merit. Like many other similar works, the Old Testament and the Gospels are a legendary retelling of historical events. While I significantly doubt any events that occurred before the book of Judges (and really before the book of Samuel,) I have no problem accepting the historical reality of, say, King Josiah or even the Prophet Isaiah (adjusted, of course, with the understanding that there was nothing divinely inspired about Isaiah.)

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.
01-24-2010, 10:09 PM
KAMONRA, i'm sorry, but it is quite difficult to take your opinion seriously with the terrible grammar and the unsupported claims..

"One who cannot truly destroy cannot truly create."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Do Jews and Christians believ in Muhammad (PBUH) as a prophet lais01 98 22,214 11-06-2017 12:51 AM
Last Post: arthra

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)