Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
you know you live in a wicked world when
12-29-2008, 01:40 AM
you know you live in a wicked world when
you do good,people see this as a weakness.when scientists make a date raping drug.when drugs are rife in your country .when they teach children adult things.when corruption is the normality of your leaders.when your oppressed by education.when people try to explain God is wrong.when murder becomes legal and easy.when a murderer can write a book in prison and becomes a best seller.when you see theories more than truth.when they have a cure for illness,but won,t give it to people.when scientist pray for illness so they get rich.when they give young mums a drug which makes there unborn children deformed.and the intellectuals want us to trust them,lol.there satan,s muppets.

Good evil salvation
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-29-2008, 03:56 AM (This post was last modified: 12-29-2008 04:26 AM by clarence clutterbuck.)
RE: you know you live in a wicked world when
smellycat Wrote:you do good,people see this as a weakness.

examples?

smellycat Wrote:when scientists make a date raping drug.

The most commonly used date rape drug is alcohol, and I don't think its existence should be blamed on scientists.

smellycat Wrote:when drugs are rife in your country.

Personally I am glad that drugs exist. The benefits outweigh the pitfalls, and potential for abuse is inherent in many everyday substances. Alcohol again; also food..(gingerly strokes expanding waistline)...

smellycat Wrote:when corruption is the normality of your leaders.

Yes. Glad I don't live in Zimbabwe, Saudi Arabia or Iran.

smellycat Wrote:when a murderer can write a book in prison and becomes a best seller.

Murderers are people too and may have something relevant to contribute to the literary world, especially if they have acheived some useful insight into their crimes and the mindset and motivation that precipitated them.

smellycat Wrote:when your oppressed by education.

Education rescues us from oppression. Educated, free people assert their rights and don't stand for any BS, so I disagree with this point.

smellycat Wrote:when people try to explain God is wrong.

Too vague to be worth commenting on. I do think God was wrong to kill Onan though, just for spilling his seed.

smellycat Wrote:when you see theories more than truth.

In science, theories are often the nearest we can get to truth.

smellycat Wrote:when they have a cure for illness,but won,t give it to people..

Economic factors in play no doubt. Perhaps a subject worthy of its own thread, suitably reinforced by examples.

smellycat Wrote:when scientist pray for illness so they get rich.

Hmm. What kind of god would answer such a prayer?

smellycat Wrote:when they give young mums a drug which makes there unborn children deformed.

Like thalidomide? A powerful drug with severe side effects when administered to pregnant women but still of use in the treatment of many conditions, according to Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thalidomide

I would say "No" to your contention that teratogenic drugs like thalidomide or drugs in general are indicative of a "wicked world." In general, pharmaceuticals enhance our lives by prolonging and making them less painful.

smellycat Wrote:and the intellectuals want us to trust them,lol.there satan,s muppets.

Huh. The usual condemnation of intelligent folk with derisive reference to a mythical adversary figure and a once popular puppet show.

I think your thread would have been better if you had tackled one subject and backed your observations with some evidence.
12-29-2008, 05:36 AM
(12-29-2008 03:56 AM)clarence clutterbuck Wrote:  Economic factors in play no doubt. Perhaps a subject worthy of its own thread, suitably reinforced by examples.

Undeniably so. Who shall create this fine thread? I think a good place to start might be the AIDS problem in Africa. A fair few companies are taking legal action against cheap knockoffs of their drugs being made cheaply in Africa

http://www.businessweek.com/bwdaily/dnfl...37_889.htm

"Should they be more worried about cheap generic knockoffs of their AIDS drugs -- or the suffering of millions with the virus?" -- And that's a problem with the world today, folks.
12-29-2008, 06:03 AM (This post was last modified: 12-29-2008 06:26 AM by smellycat.)
were was your science for the coal miners,and there diseases,were was your science about asbestos and the people it killed,were was your science with thalidamide.?you seem to learn your science by killing people,or you don,t do science if it,s not in the intrest of your evolution.so trust in your science,but when you don,t have God your science is just another tool of destruction.shall we see which group dies next?you think you know stuff but we all suffer from your basic science.
when they make gas to kill people,when they make landmines,when they make cluster bombs,when they make rockets,when they mak nuclear weapons.who made these things you ask scientists,and then they have the ordacity to think they know better.lol.there is your bible making others use your devices so all humanity suffers.
when your leader promises you stuff to get elected and then doesn,t deliver.when politicians are above the law,when you have secret agencies that don,t reveal the truth.when they gm crops with no idea of the implications.when your politicians best friend is a columbian drug dealer.

Good evil salvation
12-29-2008, 06:44 AM (This post was last modified: 12-29-2008 06:53 AM by clarence clutterbuck.)
smellycat Wrote:were was your science for the coal miners,and there diseases,were was your science about asbestos and the people it killed,were was your science with thalidamide.?

The things that you bringing up are not so much the fault of science itself, but of trial and error in the course of scientific and industrial advancement. Often it is scientists who identify these faults and devise means of avoiding, if not curing them.

smellycat Wrote:so trust in your science,but when you don,t have God your science is just another tool of destruction.

I don't think this is true. For example, the use of insulin injections to maintain life in a diabetic person is equally beneficient whether the recipient does or does not believe in God.

It is also notable that there have been cases where devoutly religious parents have denied medical treatment to their diabetic children in preference to treatment by prayer and the children have subsequently died.

This outcome suggests the converse of your assertion, namely that without science, God can be a tool of destruction, or at least not much help.
12-29-2008, 06:51 AM
seems like science has killed more than the old testament.should we compare,lol.

Good evil salvation
12-29-2008, 06:52 AM
(12-29-2008 06:03 AM)smellycat Wrote:  were was your science for the coal miners,and there diseases,were was your science about asbestos and the people it killed,were was your science with thalidamide.?

Coal Miners dying of Diseases? Where was God? Surely if he was really all-loving he would have saved them. Science tried - sadly, few people had a real understanding of what caused disease at that point. Science was beaten to death during the Medieval Ages by a Church that did not allow any new thought, this was only starting to be changed by the late 1700s and was not fully changed until the early 1900s. Even now, scientific advances are held back by the Church. Stem Cells, anyone? As for Thalidamide, I'm willing to bet that scientists TOLD the drug company that it would cause problems with unborn children, and I'm willing to bet that the drug companies ignored the findings.

(12-29-2008 06:03 AM)smellycat Wrote:  you think you know stuff but we all suffer from your basic science.

Have you taken Antibiotics, ever? Has anyone you know ever been taken to hospital? Do you drive a car? Live in a house? Almost everything that we take for granted in the modern world was created through a scientist, or someone who works with logical universal laws creating something. How many suffer from science? How many more would suffer without it? I'm happy not living in a cave.

(12-29-2008 06:03 AM)smellycat Wrote:  when they make landmines,when they make cluster bombs,when they make rockets,when they mak nuclear weapons.who made these things you ask scientists,and then they have the ordacity to think they know better.lol.there is your bible making others use your devices so all humanity suffers.

Nitroglycerin is a product used to make explosives. It also helps victims of heart attacks. Nuclear weapons? Scientists did not design nuclear technology to be used for warfare. Albert Einstein famously wrote a letter to the then President of the United States asking that he did not use the technology for warfare. Nuclear Power, while not perfect, is quite probably better than burning coal, and is largely better for the surrounding area. Nuclear Waste is a problem, yes, but sooner or later it will be dealt with.

(12-29-2008 06:03 AM)smellycat Wrote:  when your leader promises you stuff to get elected and then doesn,t deliver.when politicians are above the law,when you have secret agencies that don,t reveal the truth.when they gm crops with no idea of the implications.when your politicians best friend is a columbian drug dealer.

Your mention of Genetically Engineered crops is the only thing in that which is even remotely related to science, so I'll respond to that. In fact, it would be better to know what your personal problem with them is first, so I'll wait.

Your ball.

"Humanity invented religion initially to overcome the permanent loss of consciousness that occurs at death and it was then taken over by groups who use it to control other groups" - Innuendo, from Def-Logic forums.
12-29-2008, 06:59 AM
crops,how it affects the wildlife around them.there are points on bee,s.but what about the wildlife,can you check every animal,bug,other plants etc for the effect,i doubt it it would take to long,lets just grow them and rectify the negatives after.i,ve heard that science before.

Good evil salvation
12-29-2008, 12:38 PM (This post was last modified: 12-29-2008 12:42 PM by B MAN.)
(12-29-2008 01:40 AM)smellycat Wrote:  you do good,people see this as a weakness.
depends on what you do
when scientists make a date raping drug.
they didn't make a date rape drug...they made a drug with those side effects...it has good uses too
when drugs are rife in your country .
drugs save more lives than they take...and if a person wants to do drugs, i say let them
when they teach children adult things.
they will be adults eventually...i think they should be ready
when corruption is the normality of your leaders.
no...the corrupt ones are the only ones who get on the news
when your oppressed by education.
you need to be educated, smelly.
when people try to explain God is wrong.
god isn't wrong...if he exists, i am pretty sure that he isn't wrong...now, convince me that he exists (without using religous textsand unverifiable statements)
when murder becomes legal and easy.
no, in my country, murder is still illegal...however, it has always been easy
when a murderer can write a book in prison and becomes a best seller.
you can't say that it's not intresting
when you see theories more than truth.
theories are the closest things that we have to truth...if you don't count theories as truth, then the only thing that you know is true is mathematical equations

when they have a cure for illness,but won,t give it to people.
example
when scientist pray for illness so they get rich.
wut?
when they give young mums a drug which makes there unborn children deformed.wut?

and the intellectuals want us to trust them,lol.there satan,s muppets.
the smart people on this planet could not give a flying crap if you or people like you trust them

can i be kermit the frog?
12-29-2008, 11:50 PM
(12-29-2008 06:59 AM)smellycat Wrote:  crops,how it affects the wildlife around them.there are points on bee,s.but what about the wildlife,can you check every animal,bug,other plants etc for the effect,i doubt it it would take to long,lets just grow them and rectify the negatives after.i,ve heard that science before.

And where do they grow these Genetically engineered crops? As far as I'm aware, they are grown in sealed glasshouses for this very reason.

As for rectifying the negatives later, what's the problem?

"Humanity invented religion initially to overcome the permanent loss of consciousness that occurs at death and it was then taken over by groups who use it to control other groups" - Innuendo, from Def-Logic forums.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  live and let live woodpecker 15 1,066 10-22-2014 01:02 AM
Last Post: Herminator
  Why Animals are changing the way they live? KAYSER 51 2,999 12-20-2013 03:43 PM
Last Post: Herminator
  Are you prepared to live forever? John quill Quill 26 3,444 03-02-2011 01:02 AM
Last Post: Manahel.Fatima
  Bumper stickers to live by EqualAtheist 26 3,392 01-31-2011 11:04 AM
Last Post: VooDoo_Angel
  The Parable of the Wicked Te(God begets not, nor is he begotten (Qur'an, 112:3) part7 mobkem 5 1,495 03-07-2010 09:38 PM
Last Post: Zagreus

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)